Using 2 different SSDs

Umang Goel

One of my friends recently built an expensive build. He is a hardcore gamer (4K) and edits 4K video.

In storage section, he used

1 Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB

1 Samsung 850 Pro 1 TB

1 WD HDD 6 TB

Since he is using 2 different SSDs, for what purpose should the faster SSD be used, for storing the OS and other applications (like Adobe Premiere Pro)

so that they load faster OR for storing game data so it is better accessible? 

Can this be done that we install a game on one SSD and store its data on another? Will 512 GB be enough for installing large games and their 4K gameplay?

P.S. Sorry for wierd questions because I'm not a gamer at all, I just gather knowledge about these topics.

Fastest SSD: OS, most frequent used application that has a long-ish loading time (such as Adobe Premiere or maybe Photoshop if he uses it for thumbnails or whatever). You can also put a game or two on it if it has long loading times (like Skyrim for example. not that useful for multiplayer games, as you will still have to wait for other to load their game in)

The second SSD can be used for less frequent used applications or games and files/projects he is currently working on. After finishing up a project he should move it to the HDD

(He should make regular backups by the way, as you dont want to just lose up to 7,5TB of data)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

you want the os and program on the faster drive since its running and processing the data, though that ones big enough to store some user data too

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

This was my first ever interaction on LTT. Thanks :)