Iphone 5s or Galaxy Note 3

e29gr8t

I have the IPhone 4s and looking to upgrade.  I don't c much of a change from the 4s to a 5 and a 5s besides the screen size. So IPhone 5s or Galaxy Note 3, which one?

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 all the way :)

It crushes the 5S in everything but if you want IOS and a 4 inch screen then by all means go Apple :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

If you want the screen size the note 3, but if you want to keep everything you have in the app store and Itunes get the iphone 5s.

Well TBH the OS on Iphone 5S looking a bit silly is very nice to use.

While the note 3 has TouchWiz which....Aint great at best also if you root it you might as well chuck away the SPen. 

They are as different as Mac and Windows honestly

I'd say note 3 because I have the Note 2

Forgetting about specs, because phones are fast enough to go on the web, play games, have a nice camera and what not. Except for the spec of 4k video on Note 3, so that means less aliasing and more detail when watching it on a 1080p monitor.

But disregarding specs you have a much much larger screen, an S-pen that you will use occasionally (I use it a lot for swype when texting works better with a stylus IMO), and larger battery. Now if that battery makes a difference is questionable because of the ecosystem Apple has.

You will get more memory from the SD card expansion (wait till Christmas and get a 64gb micro sd card for ~$35).

With the Iphone you get the same features you have now but you get a larger screen (3.5 to 4" which is nice), larger battery, more performance and a finger print scanner.

Where they get you is apps If you spent money on apps it is more likely you will stick with IOS or Android because of that reason you don't want to have re-buy the apps you need.

If you like the Iphone get the 5s it's honestly a very nice phone with some nice features.

But if you aren't afraid of voiding your warranty*, root, and rom you can get some amazing features on android. For my Note 2 I am using something called PAC-rom. It includes 3 different roms all bundled together and is amazing. Because of the large screen I am able to change apps to be in there tablet format even though it's a smart phone so it just works better.

*you can unroot and put back to normal and no one will know so your warranty isn't really void.

So lastly I'd say Note 3 because I feel if you spend the time to learn it and root it with a rom you will enjoy it more than you could with an Iphone.

I have owned a blackberry, IOS, Android, and Windows phone so I am not biased and have experience with all.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

I have the IPhone 4s and looking to upgrade.  I don't c much of a change from the 4s to a 5 and a 5s besides the screen size. So IPhone 5s or Galaxy Note 3, which one?

lmao, if you have to question it, you're not worthy of the note 3. It's a monster phone for serious individuals. If you wanna be an apple fanboy who uses crap expesive cheap breakable devices be my guest.

From a less biased point, if you had small hands get the ip5s

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you want the big screen?

Yes I do, but I also like the simplicity of the iOS.

I would get the Note 3... I'm bored of iOS, there's nothing you can do customization wise, and it's too simple for me...

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

Note 3, Custom rom...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I have owned the Infuse 4G, S2 (international and att), S2 Skyrocket, S3, Note II, S4, and now the LG G2. I owned the iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S. Customs ROMs are easier said than done, what I mean by that is most of the time the Cyangenmod type ROMs ALWAYS have something wrong, either Bluetooth doesnt work right, if FC's somewhere or the battery life tanks (kernel based most of the time but never really better than stock). I can say this because I have Jailbroken and rooted every device I listed. The iPhone 5s is very powerful, the Note 3 is basically the same as the G2 only better/more RAM...weather that makes a difference between applications I really don't know. What I can say is Samsung since the S4 has done nothing but jam in useless features, and if you are one of the people that enjoys them you can't run a CM/AOSP type ROM because you will lose those features. I prefer the LG OS, its a breath of fresh air from Touchwiz and has USEFUL features, like popup sms/QSlide apps (apps that popup within any app like sms/phone calls/email/notes during YouTube, Netflix, and so on. The OS on LG is more customizable as well. Now that me saying LG G2 is the way to go, the iPhone 5s is a monster. It is comparable to a snapdragon 800 because the resolution is smaller (at least thats my take away). iOS7 looks sleek and there would be no reason to Jailbreak and theme the device (unless you wanted a darker feel). iOS7 finally looks the way an Apple product should instead of that ugly ass sky blue and hideous looking icons. You cant go wrong with either. If you go from an iPhone 4s to a Note III the screen size will be extremely daunting, 5.7" is a SERIOUS upgrade if your hands can handle it. The Note 3 will have the best battery life a phone can have, it will be as fast or faster (pending benchmarks, the G2 loses to the iPhone 5S in numerous benchmarks). So if you like cartoon looks/ROMs/screen size go with the Note 3, if you want a slightly bigger screen than you have and a sleek OS go with the iPhone 5S, if you want all those things combined get a G2.

Strange comparison. A HUGE screen running a very customize-able, tweak-able and typically techie platform vs a tiny screen on a idiot-proof WYSIWYG platform with better security.

I think a LG G2 or nexus 5 would be a closer comparison. Anyways, IMO, get the a nex5 and install AOKP. (MUCH better experience than CM10 IMO). Or if you want to keep warranty for a while, just use nova or apex launcher, or if you like the stock AOSP one, by all means.

That being said, if you have smaller hands, don't care for those extra techie features and abilities, and want some extra security with the fingerprint unlock, iphone 5s is ur phone. Not everyone needs to be 1337.... :P

I vote Galaxy Note 3. You should have the right to enjoy an HD resolution as a consumer. Don't take Apple sub HD resolution. You don't deserve it.

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

It totally depends on which OS you like most