Non overclock pc with 980 ti

avenue2day

Hi, 

I'm from South Korea, I'm trying to build my own pc 1080p gaming. 

I have the budget for the following parts:

CPU:     Intel i7-6700                             = $320

MOBO: Asus z170 pro gaming              = $230

CPU Cooler: Hyper evo 12                    = $30

RAM: corsair vengeance 16gb 3000Hz = $75

SSD: samsung evo 850                         = $88

HDD: Seagate 1TB                                = $50

Keyboard: G.Skill KM780                       = $120

VGA: Nvidia 980 ti                                 = $700

I don't intend to overclock for gaming.

Most of my build part I plan to order them from Amazon.com except CPU (because it is cheaper considering taxes) and motherboard  (because Amazon don't ship to Korea).

I originally plan to pick GTX 980 but considering the import taxes, it costs me about $50 less compare to 980ti, so I will go with the 980 ti. I have read some reviews online and they said that it is overkill to use 980 ti for 1080p gaming, but I will go with it.

My problem is:

-For motherboard, should I consider Asus H170 since I'm not planning to overclock and save some extra bucks? will it effect gaming performance?

-For RAM, H170 says that it supports 2133Hz, will it not be compatible with 3000Hz RAM set? again, will it effect gaming performance much?

-For CPU, is this better compare to 6600k since I'm not gonna overclock. I want the extra thread in case I need it for using mapping application like Photoshop, ArcGIS...etc.

I would appreciate some feedbacks

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, avenue2day said:

My problem is:

-For motherboard, should I consider Asus H170 since I'm not planning to overclock and some extra bucks? will it effect gaming performance?

-For RAM, H170 says that it supports 2133Hz, will it not be compatible with 3000Hz RAM set? again, will it effect gaming performance much?

-For CPU, is this better compare to 6600k since I'm not gonna overclock. I want the extra thread in case I need it for using mapping application like Photoshop, ArcGIS...etc.

-get the h170

-just get 2400mhz, enable xmp.

-if u can afford the 6700, get it.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

8 hours ago, SeanAngelo said:

-get the h170

-just get 2400mhz, enable xmp.

-if u can afford the 6700, get it.

Thanks

11 hours ago, avenue2day said:

If you aren't going to OC the Fury X would be a better choice do to it's AIO, it's also a bit faster compared to the 980ti stock clocks and supports DX12 better

But in any case, a 980/ti or Fury/X card is pretty pointless for a 1080p display, you're going to be better off with like a 380 4GB card and a display upgrade to like 1440p 144hz IPS free-sync.

Your GPU is only as good as your display.

Also look at basically all of the low end MSI boards, H110 VD, Gaming, and this B150 VD/Gaming they all have really solid power delivery and have USB 3.1.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Tp2Q8d
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Tp2Q8d/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($309.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: MSI B150M Pro-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Micro Center)

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

• 3 months later...
On April 17, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Streetguru said:

If you aren't going to OC the Fury X would be a better choice do to it's AIO, it's also a bit faster compared to the 980ti stock clocks and supports DX12 better

But in any case, a 980/ti or Fury/X card is pretty pointless for a 1080p display, you're going to be better off with like a 380 4GB card and a display upgrade to like 1440p 144hz IPS free-sync.

Your GPU is only as good as your display.

Also look at basically all of the low end MSI boards, H110 VD, Gaming, and this B150 VD/Gaming they all have really solid power delivery and have USB 3.1.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Tp2Q8d
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Tp2Q8d/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($309.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: MSI B150M Pro-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Micro Center)

Thanks.

On 4/16/2016 at 0:10 PM, avenue2day said:

-For motherboard, should I consider Asus H170

- An H170 motherboard will have no effect on gaming. There's no sense spending the extra on a Z170 chipset if you don't overclock.

- RAM speed doesn't make much difference in gaming. You could just get slower RAM, or find an H170 board from some other maker that does specifically support the 3000 RAM.

- The only benefit to having extra threads is the time it takes to do some functions in Photoshop, video editors, etc. If you are only doing occasional non-professional edits, there's not much need to spend the extra on the i7.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

2 hours ago, avenue2day said:

Thanks.

The 480 would replace that 380 now though

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?