New to COD ?

Mvard

So apparently steam is having a big Activision sale this weekend including many of their Call Of Duty titles. I have never played any of the games from the series before, and i'm curious as to whether or not they're worth it. I see a LOT of talk about COD players over the net, as well as general distaste for the series. 

Should I give it a go?

--Mvard

Do you value your money?
If yes then skip it
If no then by all means waste it, buy me DS3 while you're at it

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

If you want. I personally dislike it because it is the epitome of yearly releases.

I have an Anet A8 as my project printer and a i3 MK3 for when I want things to work. 

I extrude my own filament and haven't saved a penny yet.

My PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 8700k

Motherboard: MSI Z370-A Pro

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V (2x8GB) DDR4-3200

GPU: GTX 1070 Founders Edition (OC'd)

Storage: 2x 2TB Seagate 5400RPM, 128GB ADATA SSD

Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 750w  B2

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15. 3 Intake Fans, 2 Outtake

Case: Fractal Design Define R6

Just now, Mvard said:

So apparently steam is having a big Activision sale this weekend including many of their Call Of Duty titles. I have never played any of the games from the series before, and i'm curious as to whether or not they're worth it. I see a LOT of talk about COD players over the net, as well as general distaste for the series. 

Should I give it a go?

--Mvard

the problem is that the good COD's modern warfare 1 & 2 are full of hackers. you can only really play them in private matches 

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

The only ones I like are waw for custom zombies, and blops2 for online and zombies

I personally like the older ones, World At War, Modern Warfare & Modern Warfare 2, Modern Warfare 3 was alright I guess but hands down World At War was the best from the series, everything after Modern Warfare 2 really started to suck bad.

I liked Advanced Warfare, it had a good story. COD4 was pretty good; best cinematics in a video game. Except for this one part where I kept on dying.

if you like zombies world at war still has a large community for zombies and custom maps / mods make the games appeal last a long while

If you like fast paced run-and-gun style shooters (with wall-running and jet packs in the newer ones), by all means buy a copy. If you prefer more strategic shooters, you might want to skip CoD and get something like Rainbow Six: Siege (also on sale for the weekend).

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |