Duplicate 2 out of 4 displays

JeffJ

Hey guys,

I'm running 4 different displays (using two 980Ti), and what I would like to do is to clone the content of my primary display to one other of the 4 displays - leaving the remaining two displays "extended" and able to display their own content.

How would I go about doing this?

Extend desktop to all 4 first and make sure the displays you want to mirror are connected to the same gpu.

That should give you the option to mirror the displays you want.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Wut?WUT?

I'm not sure I understand, can you be more...hum... clear? pls 

2 minutes ago, JeffJ said:

Hey guys,

I'm running 4 different displays (using two 980Ti), and what I would like to do is to clone the content of my primary display to one other of the 4 displays - leaving the remaining two displays "extended" and able to display their own content.

How would I go about doing this?

the extended part confusing me m8

ive never ran setup for more than 2 screens

but cant you choose which screen to duplicate when you tweak in the windows screen resolution thingy?

if not just buy a signal splitter `-`

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

Extend desktop to all 4 first and make sure the displays you want to mirror are connected to the same gpu.

That should give you the option to mirror the displays you want.

Where would I see this option? Because currently I can either extend or duplicate (the latter of which will duplicate primary display's content to all other 3 displays instead of letting me pick a specific one)

To all:

Sorry for my bad explaining, I shall try and make it more clear.
You know how in Windows, using more than one display, you can "extend" (making the other displays act as displays of their own) or you can "duplicate", which will basically mirror all content of your primary display to the other displays, right?
Well, I have four displays, and I want to have two of those "extended" (as in, just acting as displays of their own) and the other two being mirrors of each other (as in, the content of the primary display should only ever be mirrored/duplicated to one specific display out of all the displays, rather than duplicating the primary displays content to all the remaining three displays)

Makes sense?

yea i understood what you're trying to do

basically 2+1+1 setup lol, where the 2 is displaying the same thing

if you cant set it in windows display settings or nvidia control panel, i reckon you can get an external hdmi signal splitter

or there may be softwares out there to do this, just that ive never heard of it

but if you're running games on 3 screens, i dont think you can duplicate since windows will treat the 3 surround screen setup as a single monitor

so hardware splitting would be your option i suppose

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

6 minutes ago, JeffJ said:

Where would I see this option? Because currently I can either extend or duplicate (the latter of which will duplicate primary display's content to all other 3 displays instead of letting me pick a specific one)

To all:

Sorry for my bad explaining, I shall try and make it more clear.
You know how in Windows, using more than one display, you can "extend" (making the other displays act as displays of their own) or you can "duplicate", which will basically mirror all content of your primary display to the other displays, right?
Well, I have four displays, and I want to have two of those "extended" (as in, just acting as displays of their own) and the other two being mirrors of each other (as in, the content of the primary display should only ever be mirrored/duplicated to one specific display out of all the displays, rather than duplicating the primary displays content to all the remaining three displays)

Makes sense?

So if i understand it right you want to have an extended desktop that uses 2 monitors mirrored to 2 other monitors?

Maybe you can draw it in paint and upload it :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

9 hours ago, Moonzy said:

yea i understood what you're trying to do

basically 2+1+1 setup lol, where the 2 is displaying the same thing

if you cant set it in windows display settings or nvidia control panel, i reckon you can get an external hdmi signal splitter

or there may be softwares out there to do this, just that ive never heard of it

but if you're running games on 3 screens, i dont think you can duplicate since windows will treat the 3 surround screen setup as a single monitor

so hardware splitting would be your option i suppose

I'm really looking for a software based solution here, preferably one that would let me alternate between this and a normal "extend all displays" type of setup fairly quickly and easily without having to mess around with any cables at all.

9 hours ago, samcool55 said:

So if i understand it right you want to have an extended desktop that uses 2 monitors mirrored to 2 other monitors?

Maybe you can draw it in paint and upload it :P

Sure! Hope my beautiful illustration makes more sense! :P

Untitled.png

Ok that's easy, i have almost the exact same setup, apart from the detail that i've an exteded desktop on display 4 instead of duplicating.

First of all make sure display 2 and 4 are connected to the same graphics card, that's a must, or it won't work.

Then extend your desktop over all 4 monitors.

After that select display 4 and in the same list you get the option to extend the desktop, you should also now see an option called Duplicate desktop on 2 and 4.

That's the one you want.

If that's not in the list, or something with other numbers, we have an issue.

Oh i almost forgot, are you running on windows 10? If you are, that' might be a problem.

For some reason windows 10 completely shits itself when 4 or more monitors are connected.

That's why i'm still on w7 :D Maybe you are fine, but i had big issues with it.