Reusing fluid from Custom Loop

Hi All

Have just completed another custom loop for one of the PCs and have noticed that one of my bends is off by maybe a degree or two. Bottom line is now i have noticed it, it needs to be fixed. I have already bent a new pipe to replace it but of course the system is now fully bleed and running. system has had the fluid in now for a few days. 

Question is can i drain the fluid (into empty distilled water bottle), remove the bad tube, install the new one and reuse the fluid?

Parts used are as follow:

EK Pastel Orange Concentrate - 500ml to 1.5l of distilled water. 

420mm and 280mm Alphacool Rads

EK X99 Cpu Block

2x EK 980Ti waterblocks

Ek 250mm Res

EK D5 Pump

EK PETG Tube 16mm

Phanteks Primo Case

DSC_21511.jpg

i7 5960x, 16Gb Corsair 3200, MSI x99 Gaming 9, 2x SLI MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G, Corsair HX1000i, Intel 750 Series PCI-E, Phanteks Primo Orange, Custom Watercooled. 

That should not be a problem, and why would it? As long as you do not get dust and dirt into the fluid before putting it back into the system.

14 minutes ago, natep_87 said:

Hi All

Have just completed another custom loop for one of the PCs and have noticed that one of my bends is off by maybe a degree or two. Bottom line is now i have noticed it, it needs to be fixed. I have already bent a new pipe to replace it but of course the system is now fully bleed and running. system has had the fluid in now for a few days. 

Question is can i drain the fluid (into empty distilled water bottle), remove the bad tube, install the new one and reuse the fluid?

Parts used are as follow:

EK Pastel Orange Concentrate - 500ml to 1.5l of distilled water. 

420mm and 280mm Alphacool Rads

EK X99 Cpu Block

2x EK 980Ti waterblocks

Ek 250mm Res

EK D5 Pump

EK PETG Tube 16mm

Phanteks Primo Case

DSC_21511.jpg

Nice looking system mate, well done.

Just be sure to keep contaminants out when transferring the fluid. Do this by ensuring the bottle you use is very clean and use a lid as much as possible. I've reused the same fluid many times :D

Assuming it stays clean and so on, reusing it in the same system is fine since it hasn't been that long.

Just a note here: Reusing liquid is some other system that used to have some other liquid/metals in it can cause serious issues. And of course, after a while, draining and reusing doesn't help to keep the system clean. :)

Here's an idea: When refilling your loop after changing your tube you could put a coffee filter in the funnel to filter out dust and dirt... 

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B