Low Fps With Good PC

EDJC45
Go to solution Solved by Aereldor,

Update to the latest GeForce drivers and check your CPU and GPU usage and temperatures in various games with MSI Afterburner. Get back to us afterwards.

It might also be worth it to leave the case open and see if all the fans are running.

When i try to run any game doesnt matter the quality i have it to i get 10-15 fps is there any way to fix this? please help 

I have a 

i5 4430

Msi B85M-G43

8Gb Ram

Gtx 970 

500W Psu

Windows 10

What are your GPU temps? It could be throttling.

【=◈︿◈=】

\\ CPU i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz(1.26v) \\ GPU | 1070 FE 8GB  // Audio FiiO E10k / AT M50X //

\\ Monitor | LG 29UM69G-B \\ Phone LG G6 H870DS // Nintendo Switch //

If its a new PC check to make sure your GPU is put into the motherboard correctly and that the monitor cable goes to the GPU not your CPU. 

Update to the latest GeForce drivers and check your CPU and GPU usage and temperatures in various games with MSI Afterburner. Get back to us afterwards.

It might also be worth it to leave the case open and see if all the fans are running.

Are you sure you're plugged into the GPU and not the motherboard?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Sometimes it can also be caused by an Early GPU Bios, which locks down the GPU to ~idle speeds. Make sure your GPU Bios is upto date, if your manufacturer provides GPU Bios updates.

Talking from past experience. (It was a Gigabyte GTX 750Ti.)

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

It's probably using your integrated graphics instead of your GTX 970.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

1 hour ago, Lethal Seraph said:

It's probably using your integrated graphics instead of your GTX 970.

Even if it is using integrated, on minimum it still should be more than 15fps. I used to game on 4670k, it was temporarily and it was kind of okay fps on low graphics.

18 hours ago, Aereldor said:

My cpu's temperature is at 85C-99C 

11 minutes ago, EDJC45 said:

My cpu's temperature is at 85C-99C 

It's overheating. X_X

What CPU cooler are you using?

Check your CPU cooler and the cooler's fan. See if it is running. And if running, check if it ramps up at load (you'll hear the noise increase).

If that's not a problem, then you'll need to check if the cooler is properly seated on the motherboard or not.

Last thing to check would be the thermal paste.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

5 hours ago, Shahnewaz said:

It's overheating. X_X

What CPU cooler are you using?

Check your CPU cooler and the cooler's fan. See if it is running. And if running, check if it ramps up at load (you'll hear the noise increase).

If that's not a problem, then you'll need to check if the cooler is properly seated on the motherboard or not.

Last thing to check would be the thermal paste.

As soon as i saw that my cpu was running that hot i went to go get a new cpu fan. When i took out my old cpu fan i noticed that it didnt have any thermal paste what so ever i guess i didnt notice that when i build this pc. So what i ended up doing is just adding some thermal paste to it and putting back my old cpu fan. Now the temperature when im playing a game is around 50-60c and now i get very high fps ?