Suggestions of fan controller/hub?

DatPei

Hi guys, I'm planning on adding some extra fans in my build. Currently, I have 4 fans (Corsair SP 120mm) on a quad rad, 2 fans (Scythe 120mm) as case fan, all are non pwm. And I plan to skip pwm type and just control them with software (or hardware fan controller) later on.

So here is my situation, I plan to add one quad rad for my gpu, and adding 12 fans (Corsair SP 120mm) to complete a push & pull configuration on both rads; and maybe adding 2 120mm fans as case fan eventually. So in that case, I would have maximum 20 fans. I have never bought fan controller or hub previously, so I thought it's a good idea to get some suggestions from experienced builders!

Here are a few things I would prefer:

If I go for fan controller, I can only go for either two single-5" controllers, or one double-5" controller.

If I go for fan hub, it would be nice that the hub can connect up to 8 fans, because later on it's easier to control in software. I want to try to keep it at 2 or max 3 hubs, because I try to minimize cables to the motherboard.

Any ideas and suggestions are appreciated!

A side question, is it ok to connect fan hubs to a fan controller? For example, if I connect 8 fans to a hub, another 8 fans to another hub; and with a controller (say it has only 4 connectors) I could possibly connect 2 hubs to 2 of connectors, then use 2 slip cables to connect the other 4 case fans to the other 2 connectors; would this be possible? Or would it over work the controller?

Thanks in advance!