What is the difference between a "gaming" mousepad and a cheap normal one

Sherlock

Im going to buy a new gaming mouse and i figured a mouse pad would also be nice to prevent the surface of the mouse from getting rekt like my old mice i used on a wooden table, but the thing is there are these steelseries/razer/logitech "gaming" mouse pads in stores which are at an affordable price (7-13 euros) and there are other normal mouse pads that cost less than a single McDonalds big mac at 2-4 euros. They actually have this cool looking deadpool mouse pad that fits with my setup's theme but its not like some gaming mouse pad from raze/SS/logitech/ect ..... just a normal mouse pad priced at 3 bucks.I really want that mouse pad but then again im not sure what the difference is between a gaming mouse pad and normal one is, do gaming ones last longer ? do they have some kind of different material that makes the mouse sensor track better ? Or am i just paying for a logo ?

4 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Branding. Some have better material. But mostly branding.

Buy a Steelseries QCK.

Gotta agree with you there, been using a Steelseries QCK myself for quite a while and it worked wonderfully with any mices i've thrown at it and is as new, albeit a bit dirty

3 minutes ago, MimigaKing said:

Gotta agree with you there, been using a Steelseries QCK myself for quite a while and it worked wonderfully with any mices i've thrown at it and is as new, albeit a bit dirty

Steelseries QCK is really good for the money. And yes like above Branding and materials. Of course if you want to get really technical you could try looking up the model of that deadpool Mp and see if you can dig up any product information on it.

1 minute ago, Darkshruod said:

Steelseries QCK is really good for the money. And yes like above Branding and materials. Of course if you want to get really technical you could try looking up the model of that deadpool Mp and see if you can dig up any product information on it.

Its say's that its made out EVA foam/polyster .... that's all i the info could dig up from my local tech store site

Branding, I used to use a 89p one from ASDA (Wal-mart) and it feels the same as a 'gaming' one to me :P

13 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Its say's that its made out EVA foam/polyster .... that's all i the info could dig up from my local tech store site

Terribly sorry for the belated reply. Is that the material for both of the mouse mats? What I am saying is compare the two. Then you could always search which material is better or what characteristics it has over the other etc etc.

15 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Im going to buy a new gaming mouse and i figured a mouse pad would also be nice to prevent the surface of the mouse from getting rekt like my old mice i used on a wooden table, but the thing is there are these steelseries/razer/logitech "gaming" mouse pads in stores which are at an affordable price (7-13 euros) and there are other normal mouse pads that cost less than a single McDonalds big mac at 2-4 euros. They actually have this cool looking deadpool mouse pad that fits with my setup's theme but its not like some gaming mouse pad from raze/SS/logitech/ect ..... just a normal mouse pad priced at 3 bucks.I really want that mouse pad but then again im not sure what the difference is between a gaming mouse pad and normal one is, do gaming ones last longer ? do they have some kind of different material that makes the mouse sensor track better ? Or am i just paying for a logo ?

basically nothing, they may have better material and also be larger however a normal mousepad will be just fine.

9 hours ago, Darkshruod said:

Terribly sorry for the belated reply. Is that the material for both of the mouse mats? What I am saying is compare the two. Then you could always search which material is better or what characteristics it has over the other etc etc.

Alright ,il try going to the shop again and see if they both feel equally good or not .... thanks in advance !

1 minute ago, Sherlock said:

Alright ,il try going to the shop again and see if they both feel equally good or not .... thanks in advance !

Yeah no prob :) Of course make sure you get the name of the Material. then you could search them.

Everything you hear from this thread so far, is only half of the story. Gaming mouse-pads are not only made out of a high-quality material that degrades at a much slower rate, but printed on the mouse-pad (at least with respect to the Razer mouse-pads), is a very very high-quality mesh with lines that are incredibly tiny. To the naked eye, these stitches/printed lines are completely invisible, but your mouse can track this mesh to an outstanding degree. When you purchase a mouse-pad, you are not only purchasing a higher quality product, but you are also buying something that will make your mouse amazingly more accurate while gaming.

positivePXL

[+PXL]

Basically Gaming ones are more durable,made with better materials and some times they are water and dust proof too(sleelseries like)
But the main question would be is gaming mousepad really matters in terms of gaming performance?...well that's kinda various.
In most of the case it's No....just go head and buy a decent one with medium size and u will be good to go.
But if u are a type of gamer who plays E-sports type games like Counter-strike...and care about diamond precision with Headshots then definitely try them out...That will be worth it.
Expensive mousepads provides you better grip of ur mouse,smooth experience and extension to play with very low sensitivity because of It's XL size.Cherry on top is water proof mouse pads won't soak sweat from ur hand and will remain dry for ever!