Samsung 950 Pro (boot drive) became inaccessible?

Last night I was going about business as usual, casual gaming and light reddit browsing. I updated my graphics card drivers because something was up with my monitors (completely unrelated and fixed). I thought that to fix my computer all I had to do was restart my computer and all would be good, sadly this is where I got thrown into windows recovery, okay not the most unusual thing but I'll go with it. Skip all the options in Windows recovery and go straight into windows, nothing. So then I hop over to the BIOS to find that my C: drive (950 pro) isn't even being detected. So I tried restarting and reinserting my SSD and nothing. My current solution is to use a spare SSD my brother had lying around to create a new install of windows just to see what's going on with the original 950 pro. It showed up in File Explorer but I was unable to access it. Formatting it hasn't done anything to other than clear the space, looking it up in disk management says that the drive is classified as "RAW" file system instead of the usual NTFS, I tried to format it again through disk management but It wouldn't let me. So this is where I need your guys' help, Is there anything I could do or am I just shit out of $350.

SSDs are quite complicated to fix, because there are no stuck heads, crashing platters or other typical issues that a mech drive has. Go to a data recovery center, because it's much safer and cheaper.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

Can you RMA it? how long have you had it for?

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

6 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

Can you RMA it? how long have you had it for?

I've had it for maybe 2-3 months now I believe. Might go check out a data recovery center first to see if they can do anything about it.