Facebook is spying on Oculus Rift Users

PCIsMasterRace
1 hour ago, AnnoyedShelf said:

Who cares? Just make a script that disables the service when you're not using your oculus rift...  I get that people are offended that they'd do this, but really, there's an easy fix.

That's not an easy fix. It is annoying to have to disable/enable things as soon as you want to play a game or whatever. It's the same reason why manual fan controllers are garbage. You forget about them after less than a week and they go unused. Besides, we should not have to do this. Oculus (and all other companies as well) should have these types of things as options which are easily accessible. Quite frankly I would be happy if these practices became illegal. It's not too much to expect an 800 dollar VR headset to not harvest your data.

I wouldn't be surprised if my next toaster will want to access my browser history to "try and improve my toasting experience", and the "easy fix" will be to inject a script that disables it before making my toast every day.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saying, if someone thinks Valve isnt collecting any data, you are wrong.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking