Brands of R9 380

ppppppp

I have decided to get the 380 4G instead of the 960 4G but i want to know, which brand i should get?

Here are the prices of the 380's:

XFX R9-380P-4DF5 -£159.98

PowerColor AXR9 380 4GBD5-PPDHE -£166.16

Sapphire 100384NT4GOC-2L -£169.99

Asus STRIX-R9380-DC2OC-4GD5-GAMING- 169.99

Gigabyte GV-R938G1 GAMING-4GD- 174.98

MSI R9 380 GAMING 4G - 174.99

Which is the best value for money?

Is the MSI worth it's price?

Does it matter?

Any to avoid?

Sapphire > MSI > XFX > PowerColor > Club3D

Avoid: Asus and Gigabyte

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I would get a power color but its only because I like the brand they are the evga of amd.

just stay away from asus and gigabyte theyr cooler is not the best

msi isnt worth the price

- Sapphire gets the golden chips and it's the best brand for Tonga, although their fans are pretty noisy at high speeds.

- MSI is the second best brand for Tonga. Very high OC, good cooler and quiet fans. But it is the most expensive.

- XFX is a step down of Sapphire. Temps and noise are similar, but they don't overclock as high as Sapphire. Comes into 3rd place.

- Asus has similar temps and noise than MSI, but doesn't OC as high as Sapphire or MSI. Also, some of their products come with wrong fan profiles that you might need to adjust.

- Powercolor is a similar brand than XFX. They usually have one of the best prices out there, and the PCS+ coolers are one of the best.

Sadly, for the 380 non-X they use an insufficient cooler paired with toy fans that make it one of the worst options. Then you look at their 380x version and you see the best stock cooler for Tonga.

- Gigabyte has one of the best coolings for Tonga, but locked voltages and wrong voltage profiles make it unworthy. If only they didn't screw it up...

If you don't care about noise get Sapphire.

If you don't care about price get MSI, best overall and best compatibility with Afterburner (best software for AMD).

If you want a decent product at a good price get XFX

If you prefer a renamed brand without spending that much go for Asus.

i7 5775c @4.1GHz // 2x4GB 2400MHz CL10 // R9 285 @1120/1575MHz // SSD MX100 512GB // Z97M Gaming // RM550 // Prolimatech Megahalems+ NF-P14s Redux // Cooletk U3

20 minutes ago, Ansau said:

- Sapphire gets the golden chips and it's the best brand for Tonga, although their fans are pretty noisy at high speeds.

- MSI is the second best brand for Tonga. Very high OC, good cooler and quiet fans. But it is the most expensive.

- XFX is a step down of Sapphire. Temps and noise are similar, but they don't overclock as high as Sapphire. Comes into 3rd place.

- Asus has similar temps and noise than MSI, but doesn't OC as high as Sapphire or MSI. Also, some of their products come with wrong fan profiles that you might need to adjust.

- Powercolor is a similar brand than XFX. They usually have one of the best prices out there, and the PCS+ coolers are one of the best.

Sadly, for the 380 non-X they use an insufficient cooler paired with toy fans that make it one of the worst options. Then you look at their 380x version and you see the best stock cooler for Tonga.

- Gigabyte has one of the best coolings for Tonga, but locked voltages and wrong voltage profiles make it unworthy. If only they didn't screw it up...

If you don't care about price get MSI, best overall and best compatibility with Afterburner (best software for AMD).

Wow very comprehensive! Thanks!! I might go for XFX  maybe the MSI. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2016 at 1:26 AM, Ansau said:

That answered my question. Thanks mate!

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600k 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270F Gaming | Cooler: Cryorig H7 | RAM: GSkill Ripjaws V 8GB 2x4 3200 MHz | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | PSU: Seasonic G-550w 80+ Gold Certified, Semi Modular | Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue | Case: NZXT S340 Elite (Black/Red) | Monitor: BenQ XL2411 144hz | Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Silent | Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB

I'd like to make a Chemistry joke, but all the good ones ARGON. *nudgenudge *winkwink