Need help on finding the best laptop for me!

So I`m going to college this fall for digital media and IT. There is going to be web design more than anything, but there is also going to be courses in 3D modeling and software development/game design, and so I`m in the market for a new laptop that can handle all these tasks with ease, as well as able to run games. for gaming, I`m not looking for anything spectacular, just something that will run most games on medium settings. I`m am on a pretty tight budget however and am not looking to spend more than $1200. For specs, I want 13-14 inches, minimum 8 gigs of RAM, 1 TB HD, mid-high range graphics, AMD A series or Intel I5 - I7 CPU at least 8 hours of battery life and runs Windows 10 (or windows 7 or 8, I could always upgrade it myself). I`m not a brand fanboy, but I`m used to using Windows so I would like to stick with Windows. I`m not too aware of what`s out on the market at the moment. if you guys could help me by showing me what`s out there within my budget that would be awesome. Thank you very much! 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

1 minute ago, RedWulf said:

btw: do you know if that has an open m.2 slot? (because m.2 ssds are cheap but to upgrade to the m.2 version you'd need to drop another 200$ for that)

Since you do 3D modeling I would get a laptop with a quadro gpu, but they are not that good for gaming, so maybe a laptop with a 970m.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

3 minutes ago, RedWulf said:

Well, I pretty much consider this case - solved :D
This laptop is a beast for what I can see.
This one might also get the job done- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152903&cm_re=MSI_GE62_Apache-_-34-152-903-_-Product

Just now, mikat said:

btw: do you know if that has an open m.2 slot? (because m.2 ssds are cheap but to upgrade to the m.2 version you'd need to drop another 200$ for that)

I think so, since they have a flavor with a 970 and an ssd + hdd which is lke 300 usd more

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

Since you do 3D modeling I would get a laptop with a quadro gpu, but they are not that good for gaming, so maybe a laptop with a 970m.

Actually alot of technical modeling needs a cpu just as much as a gpu, and most laptops compromise for cost but as I said above a little higher and he can get a 970

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELL-PRECISION-M5510-5510-i7-6820HQ-8GB-256GB-SSD-IPS-1080p-FHD-BACKLIT-6CELL-/371592456568?hash=item5684a2e978:g:iI8AAOSwbwlXAsg8

This one could be a solution as well. It should even have awesome battery life. 
If you don't care about the 3D editing part as much, you could also get the XPS 15 with a gtx 960m