CPU ¿high? usage?

Go to solution Solved by wraptor,

So I've setup a VM with Dutch Windows 10 Pro.

I waited untill Windows Update decided to stop downloading random updates without permission so I could do my stability test.
The CPU is pretty stable at idle, untill I open a program. When launching Edge for example the usage flew up to 100% for a split second, just by scrolling around and even idling on the page gave me unstable usage.

My conculsion would be: Or I'm a stupid man and I just got it all wrong or pentiums aren't that stable as an i7 would be for instance. At the end they are just dual cores...

I'm not bothering upgrading, the G3258 Bottlenecks my R9 270... I'M JUST BROKE OK! xD

VirtualBox_Windows 10 CLEAN_05_04_2016_01_50_31.png

VirtualBox_Windows 10 CLEAN_05_04_2016_01_52_52.png

Okay, I got this Pentium G3250 with an ASUS H81M-K motherboard, and i'm starting to suspect that the CPU usage isn't normal. For example in Dying Light I always have 100% usage, but a guy in youtube with a g3250 and a gtx 660 doesnt get 100% always, the same with Battlefield 4.

Can this problem be bad BIOS version of the mobo or wat? I dont know what to think anymore.

Help please :Pltt.png

Oh, and that image of the CPU usage was when only browsing LTT Forum's

it must be something you're running in the background, check your processing list 

Do you have any resource hungry programs running in the background?

Also what is your processor's speed when playing games and on LTT?

CPU: i5 6600k OCed to 4.5Ghz @ 1.35v, GPU: R9 390 Nitro, Motherboard: Asus z170-A, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX, RAM: HyperX 2x8 16gb DDR4, PSU: Seasonic x650, Storage: 850 EVO 500gb, WD 1tb blue, Case: H440 White/Black

No, and it is always like this, random cpu usage.

ltt2.png

3 minutes ago, Sportiva said:

Do you have any resource hungry programs running in the background?

Also what is your processor's speed when playing games and on LTT?

No, only Chrome

ltt4.png

Seems normal to me... Go to settings -> personalization -> colors & background Enable a static background and make sure to use anything else than Windows Defender because that uses too much CPU useage and ram for such a basic anti-virus.

It seems normal to me, my Pentium G3258 runs as unstable as yours does, and by unstable I mean the spiking CPU usage.
This is a screenshot from my Pentium, spiky even with/without Intel SpeedStep enabled.
The screenshot was taken while having 3 open Chrome tabs and Netflix running on my primary monitor.
I've also experienced the spiky usage on a clean windows 10 install at stock clock speeds.

I think its Defender on the background. Even opening Explorer Spikes my cpu to 100%
It could be me but its probably just the pentium and some random background tasks.

cpu.png

12 minutes ago, tv15dsi said:

It seems normal to me, my Pentium G3258 runs as unstable as yours does, and by unstable I mean the spiking CPU usage.
This is a screenshot from my Pentium, spiky even with/without Intel SpeedStep enabled.
The screenshot was taken while having 3 open Chrome tabs and Netflix running on my primary monitor.
I've also experienced the spiky usage on a clean windows 10 install at stock clock speeds.

I think its Defender on the background. Even opening Explorer Spikes my cpu to 100%
It could be me but its probably just the pentium and some random background tasks.

cpu.png

Thanks for joining and contributing with something bro, appreciate it.

You leave me quieter haha

18 minutes ago, ImGrilli said:

Thanks for joining and contributing with something bro, appreciate it.

You leave me quieter haha

@ImGrilli I'm still not 100% shure why its that spiky.
I'll run a VM with clean install, maybe that gives me any information.

If I do get any information, I'll let you know.

So I've setup a VM with Dutch Windows 10 Pro.

I waited untill Windows Update decided to stop downloading random updates without permission so I could do my stability test.
The CPU is pretty stable at idle, untill I open a program. When launching Edge for example the usage flew up to 100% for a split second, just by scrolling around and even idling on the page gave me unstable usage.

My conculsion would be: Or I'm a stupid man and I just got it all wrong or pentiums aren't that stable as an i7 would be for instance. At the end they are just dual cores...

I'm not bothering upgrading, the G3258 Bottlenecks my R9 270... I'M JUST BROKE OK! xD

VirtualBox_Windows 10 CLEAN_05_04_2016_01_50_31.png

VirtualBox_Windows 10 CLEAN_05_04_2016_01_52_52.png