950 Pro for Win 10 and 850 Evo 1TB for games installed, good or bad idea?

RRGT19

Hi,

I have been changed my SSD a lot of times and I have had to format my Win 10 because of viruses. I always have to download again all my games and start over the campaign mode.

So, right now I don't have any SSD because I have sold main today.

What do you recommend me?, I have two options:

1. Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (Windows 10, Office, Google Chrome, Adobe CS5, etc...)
    Samsung 850 EVO 1TB (Steam, Origin, Uplay. Just to have all my games installed always)

2. Samsung 850 EVO 1TB (for everything and that's it)

Or maybe:

1. Samsung 850 EVO 1TB (if I need to format Win 10 or change the SSD, I can transfer the carpet of Steam, Origin and Uplay to my HDD temporarily)

What do you think?.

2 minutes ago, RGT said:

Hi,

I have been changed my SSD a lot of times and I have had to format my Win 10 because of viruses. I always have to download again all my games and start over the campaign mode.

Samsung 850 EVO 1TB (Steam, Origin, Uplay. Just to have all my games installed always)

What do you think?.

I think the first option because you don't have to download games again!

Hello

2 minutes ago, TAHIRMIA said:

6 minutes ago, RGT said:

Hi,

Or maybe:

1. Samsung 850 EVO 1TB (if I need to format Win 10 or change the SSD, I can transfer the carpet of Steam, Origin and Uplay to my HDD temporarily)

What do you think?.

How about creating 2 partitions on 1TB disc?

4 minutes ago, chiwas said:

But the whole point of having 2 different drives is the main SSD (the one that get's infected) can be changed without having to redownload any of games as all of it would be stored on his secondary drive (the 850 evo :D)

Since you seem to love viruses and haven't done anything to prevent it, get the 2 drives although remember, the viruses could spread across all of your drives depending on the type of malware...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

10 minutes ago, TAHIRMIA said:

6 minutes ago, chiwas said:

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

But the whole point of having 2 different drives is the main SSD (the one that get's infected) can be changed without having to redownload any of games as all of it would be stored on his secondary drive (the 850 evo :D)

Since you seem to love viruses and haven't done anything to prevent it, get the 2 drives although remember, the viruses could spread across all of your drives depending on the type of malware...

Let's see.

With a 1TB model, can I create a partition of 500GB for example, and install Steam, Origin, Uplay on that partition and that's it?.

Sounds good too.

I just need to change the directory to games installed on the settings of each program? or I need to install the programs in the new partition as well?.

I'm consufed about this topic.

What about the others programs that those clients install to get the games work, they are gonna be installed in the new partition or not?.

If there a reason you are having so many viruses? If you are really worried do a regular backup of the windows partition/SSD so you have a image to use if a virus does infect your system.

MSI Nightblade MI2

CPU: Intel i7 6700. Motherboard: MSI B060. RAM: 16GB HyperX Impact. GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 970. Case: Nightblade MI2. Storage: 2x 1TB WD Blue, OCZ 120GB and 125GB M.2. PSU: Custom 350w Bronze. Display(s): BenQ 24" & 50" Samsung TV. Keyboard: Logitech G15. Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution. Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

You can choose where to install any program/game. Its super simple.

1 minute ago, RGT said:

Let's see.

With a 1TB model, can I create a partition of 500GB for example, and install Steam, Origin, Uplay on that partition and that's it?.

Sounds good too.

I just need to change the directory to games installed on the settings of each program? or I need to install the programs in the new partition as well?.

I'm consufed about this topic.

What about the others programs that those clients install to get the games work, they are gonna be installed in the new partition or not?.

Yup, that's all you have to do to download all of your games onto that partition and yea :D 

It's your choice which partition you feel like installing the programs onto and for the games, you just need to change the download/install directory on each program to the correct partition (like you would with 2 different drives unless the program is already installed on that partition where you usually wouldn't need to change anything).

Depends, stuff like arma for me always installs battle eye into the c drive/partition for me so...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Just now, chiwas said:

You can choose where to install any program/game. Its super simple.

But,

If i format my partition 1 again and i try to open a game installed in the partition 2, the client will install for me all microsoft's software that i need to play the games automatically?, that is my question.

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

Yup, that's all you have to do to download all of your games onto that partition and yea :D 

It's your choice which partition you feel like installing the programs onto and for the games, you just need to change the download/install directory on each program to the correct partition (like you would with 2 different drives unless the program is already installed on that partition where you usually wouldn't need to change anything).

Depends, stuff like arma for me always installs battle eye into the c drive/partition for me so...

sounds weird to me.

can't I move the carpet of the clients to my HDD for a moment if I will format my Win 10 and then move them again to the C drive and that's it?..

ahaha so confusing!!!!!