UCLA smartphone microscope can resolve 90nm particles

yesman

"Recently smartphone makers have put a lot of research and development in boosting their devices imaging capabilities. However their megapixel, ultrapixel and BIONZ sensor upgrades are all knocked into a cocked hat by a new “cellphone-based imaging platform” developed by the UCLA. A team of researchers from the Californian university have developed asmartphone microscope capable of detecting viruses and bacteria which usually requires “bulky and expensive microscopes and lab equipment”. http://hexus.net/mobile/news/accessories/60293-ucla-smartphone-microscope-can-resolve-90nm-particles/

please put more in than just the url of the site, put some background info , a quote, what you think about it next time

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

please put more in than just the url of the site, put some background info , a quote, what you think about it next time

its in the title whats more needed 

Well from everything I have seem, for an article like this you could have written something like this:

UCLA has created a phone attachment, which will act as a high powered microscope.  The benefits of said microscope could enable doctors or researchers look at virus/bacteria specimens in remote areas, or where equipment is lacking as normally a microscope of this power would require large equipment and cost.

Or just directly quote part of the article

Recently smartphone makers have put a lot of research and development in boosting their devices imaging capabilities. However their megapixel, ultrapixel and BIONZ sensor upgrades are all knocked into a cocked hat by a new “cellphone-based imaging platform” developed by the UCLA. A team of researchers from the Californian university have developed a smartphone microscope capable of detecting viruses and bacteria which usually requires “bulky and expensive microscopes and lab equipment”.

Then give your opinion

Personally this is a step in the right direction.  Perhaps one day the price of such a microscope will be low enough that every household could have one.  Could you imagine the possibilities, being able to send your swabs electronically by just scanning in, or even better apps that could do simplistic scans for certain types of viruses (Think webmd but more accurate)

Anyways just thought I would give a suggestion of what more you could do

0b10111010 10101101 11110000 00001101

Actually I had to read the article to even half understand what it was all about. Not that people should not have to read the articles but I am just directly commenting on your statement here.

As for the article itself... correct me if I am wrong here but they have just jerry rigged a small microscope to a normal smartphone... I mean technically anyone could have done that tbh... Its not like they have invented new tech

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly