How is ASUS motherboard RMA?

How is their service? Is it speedy and prompt? I have a stuttering problem on? my pc, so i have replaced everything in my rig except the Power supply, RAM, and Motherboard. I bought new ram, so i am waiting to see if it solves the problem. Any ideas what it could be? And by the way. its not software.

| CPU: Core i7-4790K  |  Motherboard:  MSI Gaming Z97 GAMING 5 LGA 1150  |  CPU Cooler:  NZXT Kraken X61 |
| GPU: Single 8GB EVGA GTX 1070 FTW |  RAMCorsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3 1600 MHz |  CaseCorsair 330R Titanium Edition

Slow. Still haven't gotten a response to my RMA form for over 4 weeks...

Pretty good, they wont RMA my a8n-sli deluxe though, it is out of its 3 year warranty.

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

Fuck man, that sucks, i might do a cross ship.

| CPU: Core i7-4790K  |  Motherboard:  MSI Gaming Z97 GAMING 5 LGA 1150  |  CPU Cooler:  NZXT Kraken X61 |
| GPU: Single 8GB EVGA GTX 1070 FTW |  RAMCorsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3 1600 MHz |  CaseCorsair 330R Titanium Edition

I've been trying to get my mobo replaced since late december...

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

They probably won't RMA a board due to shuttering problems, that is unless you buy the same exact board and prove your first board is faulty. For other motherboard problems, say no POST it's pretty quick and they will create a RMA right away. For complex issues, they will start asking lots of technical question on the parts that you have.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

15 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

They probably won't RMA a board due to shuttering problems, that is unless you buy the same exact board and prove your first board is faulty. For other motherboard problems, say no POST it's pretty quick and they will create a RMA right away. For complex issues, they will start asking lots of technical question on the parts that you have.

so like i have to lie?

22 hours ago, Vengeance_K1ng said:

How is their service? Is it speedy and prompt? I have a stuttering problem on? my pc, so i have replaced everything in my rig except the Power supply, RAM, and Motherboard. I bought new ram, so i am waiting to see if it solves the problem. Any ideas what it could be? And by the way. its not software.

With the exception of getting boards to the market, nothing else with Asus is "speedy and prompt".  If you doubt that, give their customer service a call and have them help you over the phone.  I've had Asus customer support tell me impossible tales and they are quick to blame other hardware in your setup without knowing a thing about them.  As one of many examples, I had one tell me that my 5960x had a bad memory controller because a dimm slot wasn't working properly on my motherboard.  I was still within the return period on the board so I took it back.  The new board worked fine and the memory controller on my processor was fine.  Asus loves to redirect blame.

I know that my examples are of customer support trouble shooting, but if they can't even do that close to right, I doubt that they will handle RMAs much better.

Having said all of this, I am an Asus board junkie and have predominantly used them over the years.  I just use them knowing that if something goes wrong, I'm out of luck and on my own.:$ 

1 hour ago, Vengeance_K1ng said:

so like i have to lie?

No, if you can try your parts on another board. Update to latest bios?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list