950 Pro 512GB at $322.57 or 850 Pro 1TB at $402.40?

RRGT19

Hi,

I will sell my 850 Evo 500GB tomorrow because I need more space for my games and programs that I use everyday to work and school.

I only have 100GB free right now, what happens if I buy more games with time?, I won't have space for them.

So, My motherboard is a B150i which has a M.2 at the back (SATA & PCIe NVMe x4).

I have read a lot of people saying that for a normal user who play games and daily use, the 950 Pro is not worth it.

Others people say that its worth the upgrade (I have read that a 1TB model will be release soon).

Really, I hate waiting.

Prices on Amazon:

950 Pro 512GB at $322.57

850 Pro 1TB at $402.40

Money is not an issue right now.

Question:

I will see a big difference in real world?. I don't transfer files to my SSD because I have a HDD where i save all my music, photos, etc.. I use the SSD to install all my things only and for my Windows of course.

If I will se a huge difference in speed and performance when I play games and open Google Chrome, Adobe CS5, Office, etc... I can buy it without any problem.

If I won't see a difference, then I won't buy it, I will buy the 850 Pro instead.

Can someone help me decide please?

Note:

Yeah, I know that I can buy another 850 Evo with 1TB, but if the 950 Pro is not worth it, then why not have the best SSD to have the best performance?, that is my logic.

Help me please.....

the 950 pro is not necessary for just regular games and programs

more space is a lot more important, get the 850

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

950 is bad ass, are going to regret not getting it later? How much ssd space do you need? You can get the 950 and 1tb 7200 rpm hdd for less than samsung 1tb ssd. I ran into the same problem I have a 500gb 850 evo and I bought 240gb SSD Adata (55.00) and a 1tb hdd (43.00)

34 minutes ago, RGT said:

Why don't you just buy another 480gb SSD? 950 isn't going to be worth the money for the speed increase for 99% of use cases.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Just now, Kickflapper said:

950 is bad ass, are going to regret not getting it later? How much ssd space do you need? You can get the 950 and 1tb 7200 rpm hdd for less than samsung 1tb ssd. I ran into the same problem I have a 500gb 850 evo and I bought 240gb SSD Adata (55.00) and a 1tb hdd (43.00)

Just now, Streetguru said:

Why don't you just buy another 480gb SSD? 950 isn't going to be worth the money for the speed increase for 99% of use cases.

I just want 1 SSD for everything.

1 minute ago, RGT said:

I just want 1 SSD for everything.

but having 2 drives gives you some redundancy in case one suddenly dies, also might bit just a bit faster in general since there's 2 drives worth of bandwidth to fill up, and I'm not talking about RAID anything.

although if you already have your important data backed up somewhere you'll be fine.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

get the 850, unless you have some need for the mostly unnoticable speed change with the 950

Just now, ChickenNugget said:

get the 850, unless you have some need for the mostly unnoticable speed change with the 950

850 evo or pro, which one do you recommend me?

Just now, RGT said:

if money isn't an issue, there's no reason not to get the pro

1 minute ago, RGT said:

evo, because the pro is highly unnecessary in all likely hood

Spoiler