IP Ping To Area - Read (*)

Hi,

I would like to know that if is was to use a static IP address and set it to France when I am in the UK. Would I get a better connection to French servers or would it not effect it.

My only thinking is that if your using a vpn in a different country you always get better ping to a server in that area.

Much appreciated,

Ben

1 minute ago, Cuddly said:

Hi,

I would like to know that if is was to use a static IP address and set it to France when I am in the UK. Would I get a better connection to French servers or would it not effect it.

My only thinking is that if your using a vpn in a different country you always get better ping to a server in that area.

Much appreciated,

Ben

It may appear to give you better ping, but it's only calculating the ping from your VPN server to the site you're connecting to. You're forgetting the delay from your home to the VPN. It won't really increase speed at all (if anything, decrease)

36 minutes ago, cdsboy2000 said:

It may appear to give you better ping, but it's only calculating the ping from your VPN server to the site you're connecting to. You're forgetting the delay from your home to the VPN. It won't really increase speed at all (if anything, decrease)

Ok thanks

There are cases where using a VPN can give you a better experience, if the direct route between you and the game is worse than the roundabout route of you to VPN to game. These cases are rare and usually temporary though.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: