Help Me Build a 1500$ Gaming PC!

Just now, Magikarpdrowned said:

Wait wait wait, hold the phone. that PSU isn't even 80+

Efficiency is not the problem, quality is.  That PSU is utter crap.

1 minute ago, Magikarpdrowned said:

Wait wait wait, hold the phone. that PSU isn't even 80+

Its an 80+ Bronze. Pcpartpicker is wrong.

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

8 minutes ago, NeelanCruzz said:

Sweet! By how much can I overclock it??

Can't tell you the exact stats since it varies for each chip (silicon lottery). Only way to find out is to do it yourself.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

3 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Efficiency is not the problem, quality is.  That PSU is utter crap.

Eh. TR2s have had small ripple issues at peak load in the past. The new ones have got it down to a T though.

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

1 minute ago, CtrlAltELITE said:

Eh. TR2s have had small ripple issues at peak load in the past. The new ones have got it down to a T though.

Capacitor degradation is what I am looking at.  It also only supplies 624W to the 12v rail.  It is a scary unit to put in a high end rig.

25 minutes ago, stconquest said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($239.95 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($34.50 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($122.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($80.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($56.83 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury 4GB Video Card  ($518.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full - USB (32/64-bit)  ($108.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Monitor: LG 23MP47HQ 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($100.98 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Logitech K120 Wired Standard Keyboard  ($11.88 @ OutletPC)
Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse  ($49.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $1511.05
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-03 09:19 EDT-0400

No hdd? 240gb isn't enough for gaming, should have at least a 1tb hdd

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

8 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

No hdd? 240gb isn't enough for gaming, should have at least a 1tb hdd

Hmm, now how have I been doing it for 3 years now?  It's a mystery.

Sacrifices were made.  Initial storage space was one of them.  A hard drive is easy enough to simply plug in later on.

22 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Capacitor degradation is what I am looking at.  It also only supplies 624W to the 12v rail.  It is a scary unit to put in a high end rig.

Again capacitor degradation is really an issue of the past on them (it really is a thing of the past on ALL units bar the megacheap to be honest). The first run of TR2s where a bit of a fire hazard but the brand rehash and reinvestment done in the early 10s fixxed pretty much all the issues. Mid 600s is pretty much a standard wattage to be pulled through the 12v rail at this power level anyway with the exception of some high end 750w units.

I mean dont get me wrong it IS a budget PSU and you are losing out on silent running, modular cables, gold efficiency and no doubt some other features but I would not fault them for the reliability.

Inb4 someone cites the EXTREMELY outdated toms hardware "Tier" listing :D

PC:

IoT:

1 minute ago, CtrlAltELITE said:

Again capacitor degradation is really an issue of the past on them (it really is a thing of the past on ALL units bar the megacheap to be honest). The first run of TR2s where a bit of a fire hazard but the brand rehash and reinvestment done in the early 10s fixxed pretty much all the issues. Mid 600s is pretty much a standard wattage to be pulled through the 12v rail at this power level anyway with the exception of some high end 750w units.

I mean dont get me wrong it IS a budget PSU and you are losing out on silent running, modular cables and no doubt some other features but I would not fault them for the reliability.

Inb4 someone cites the EXTREMELY outdated toms hardware "Tier" listing :D

I look at it in a personal way.  If I was in the market for a new PC, I would opt for a 550W high quality PSU in the $60 range.  I picked the 850W B2 in case he ever wanted to Crossfire.  I would spend the extra $10-$20 for a more reliable unit.