Silencio 120 Fans seem crappy

Gary7

I've got a silencio 652s case with 2 front intake fans and one rear exhaust fan all running around 60% (800rpm) Link to Fans

But to be honest, there seems to be little to no airflow from them. When I put my hand to the back of the case I can feel there is heat coming from it under load but the air coming out is close to a mouses cough.

Even at 12v its underwhelming to say the least.

Are these fans just bad? I've read theyre static pressure optimised but that seems pretty silly if there are no drive cages in front of them and having one in the rear fan position.

I have all the silence based stuff in place (top and sides of case closed) so good airflow is needed. I was at a friends place yesterday and he had some 90/120mm fans that seemed to be pushing a lot of air around the case.

Just now, chiwas said:

Its coolermaster, what did you expect!

That is an extremely unhelpful comment - I don't know what to expect from cooler master....

Just now, Gary7 said:

I don't know what to expect from cooler master....

From my experience, nothing good.

Just replace those fans if you think you really need more airflow.

Well, at 800RPM you can't expect too much. Even the best fans don't get much out of that speed.
A friend of mine uses a Neptom 240M AIO and it comes with the exact same fans. They work really great on radiators. They are just not that great as a case fan.

But even if you change out the fans at the front you'll most likely not see any difference.

Luke made a great video about "premium case fans".

If you still want better fans I recommend to go with Silent Wings 2. Best case fans ever in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Well, at 800RPM you can't expect too much. Even the best fans don't get much out of that speed.

I ran them at this as jayztwocents has some sp/af120 quiet edition running about that and he said that works for him. 

Whats the recommended RPM? (Will not run at max for noise reasons)

14 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

I ran them at this as jayztwocents has some sp/af120 quiet edition running about that and he said that works for him. 

There is no "recommended" RPM. Just let them run at whatever you like.
Like I said, it doesn't make much of a difference in terms of cooling.

51 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

The "recommended" RPM is as high as possible, you only need to make compromise between the noise and hardware temperatures.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

Your hand is a not a good tool for measuring airflow. Refer to your temps unless you happen to have some expensive fan testing equipment.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.