F*CK WINDOWS 10!!

291276_1454182508

I need help!!

I have windows 10 for over 6 months now and this has never happened to me before! I login to my desktop and I go on chrome. Guess what! NO INTERNET! I go on troubleshoot network problems and it finds this problem:

'There might be a problem with the drivery for the ethernet adapter'

Why did the problem happen now!?!?!

Anyway I press 'try these repairs as an administrator' and this comes up:

'There might be an problem with the driver for the ethernet adapter. Not Fixed X'

What do I do? I tried updating my driver, nothing happened. Same error message again and again! I call up Microsoft they hanged up on me and said that it's my pc's fault! It's obviously not because yesterday it was working perfectly and I didn't even download anything that you could say would destroy my pc.

Also every device in the house has Internet except my pc which has windows 10 on it. Isn't that surprising?

I really need help! I have seen some other forums that talk about this and I've had no luck solving it! It's obviously a windows 10 bug but Microsoft are f*cking us by not helping us when we call them.

Please help me, I need Internet back. 

By the way this is from my phone not my pc. 

2 minutes ago, Paralectic said:

Your PC is shit, Windows 10 is fine.

My pc isn't shit. Everything is almost brand new and it isn't cheap stuff too. Why was my Internet working for so long and all of a sudden it isn't? And how can so many people have the same problem with me? 

1 minute ago, 291276_1454182508 said:

My pc isn't shit. Everything is almost brand new and it isn't cheap stuff too. Why was my Internet working for so long and all of a sudden it isn't? And how can so many people have the same problem with me? 

try getting a new ethernet adapter, you can get some cheap ones for around £2. also, if it is a wifi adapter they are around £10 so maybe consider trying one of the above. :D hope it gets sorted

sometimes windows tries to update a driver on it's own and breaks it. what make and model is your pc/ NIC? is it wireless or wired?
how did you attempt to update tour driver?

and btw, microsoft are not obligaated to help you with driver issues

1 minute ago, CandleJakk said:

try getting a new ethernet adapter, you can get some cheap ones for around £2. also, if it is a wifi adapter they are around £10 so maybe consider trying one of the above. :D hope it gets sorted

I got a new ethernet adapter about 3 weeks ago and I don't think it's the adapters fault because previously I had anot her error message that said 'your computer is missing one or more protocols' and then I called Microsoft up and they told me to update the drivers so I did and then I got the error message I put up before.

1 minute ago, MagnusGrønstad said:

sometimes windows tries to update a driver on it's own and breaks it. what make and model is your pc/ NIC? is it wireless or wired?
how did you attempt to update tour driver?

and btw, microsoft are not obligaated to help you with driver issues

It's a wired connection (ethernet) and my Pc is custom all the parts are from ASUS. I downloaded the driver update from the Asus website onto my phone and moved it to my Pc and installed it. As I said before I had another error message which went away after the driver update and rhea started showing me the one I showed on top.

It's a wired connection (ethernet) and my Pc is custom all the parts are from ASUS. I downloaded the driver update from the Asus website onto my phone and moved it to my Pc and installed it. As I said before I had another error message which went away after the driver update and rhea started showing me the one I showed on top.

okay... what mobo do you have?

It sounds like you didn't complete the installation properly

Did you overclock you're pci  port? My ethernet would stop working if i did that with as little as +18 while lan were still functional.

2 minutes ago, MagnusGrønstad said:

okay... what mobo do you have?

It sounds like you didn't complete the installation properly

I have an ASUS B85 Pro-gamer.

2 minutes ago, xgn said:

Did you overclock you're pci  port? My ethernet would stop working if i did that with as little as +18 while lan were still functional.

I haven't overclocked anything. Also I'm not using the pci port for the adapter. The cable is connected to the motherboard ethernet port. Im sorry I mixed it up a bit! :(

2 minutes ago, MagnusGrønstad said:

try one of the drivers of this site: https://driverscollection.com/?H=B85-PRO%20GAMER&By=ASUS&SS=Windows%208.1%2064-bit

and it dosen't look like yer mobo supports windows 10 properly. so, probably not windows 10's fault, but yer hardwares.

I will try downloading it now and transferring to my Pc. Also when I got this motherboard from my local pc store they told me it has full support for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and windows 10.

3 minutes ago, 291276_1454182508 said:

I will try downloading it now and transferring to my Pc. Also when I got this motherboard from my local pc store they told me it has full support for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and windows 10.

ye got tricked my fellow human. it does not have full support for windows 10. ye might want to roll back if the driver update does not work

I downloaded the driver and installed it. It's the exact same thing as what I had before. Same folders same look same everything. 

Also why is it that it happened now and not 5 months ago? 

52 minutes ago, 291276_1454182508 said:

Why was my Internet working for so long and all of a sudden it isn't?

That is like asking us why cats go out in the day for 5 hours. Why would we know?

Do what @MagnusGrønstad said and roll back to previous version.

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

23 minutes ago, Bittenfleax said:

That is like asking us why cats go out in the day for 5 hours. Why would we know?

Do what @MagnusGrønstad said and roll back to previous version.

I can't rollback to a previous versions for some reason. I go on the settings where it gives you the option to roll back to a previous version but it doesn't work when I click it. :( right now I'm f*cked! I don't know what to do. Maybe I need a bios update or something, maybe I need to buy an actual ethernet card and see if that works.

22 minutes ago, 291276_1454182508 said:

I can't rollback to a previous versions for some reason. I go on the settings where it gives you the option to roll back to a previous version but it doesn't work when I click it. :( right now I'm f*cked! I don't know what to do. Maybe I need a bios update or something, maybe I need to buy an actual ethernet card and see if that works.

Download from here: 

If you have another device to download the previous version, download it from here: https://www.asus.com/support/Download/1/45/3/9/Dtrwyo6uHKZoKqxQ/45/

Try both of those and see if they work under the LAN section.

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Try downloading the drivers, and installing them through the device manager by selecting your network adapter and manually select the folder that the driver files are in

i5-6600k @ 4.9Ghz | Corsair H110i GTX + 2 x Noctua NF-A14's | ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger | 

Corsair Venegance DDR4 8GB | ASUS GTX 970 Strix |Samsung 840 EVO 240GB + 1TB HDD | 

Corsair RM850 | NZXT H440 Black | 2 x Noctua NF-F12 + Corsair AF-140

Did you upgrade from a previous OS to Windows 10, or was Windows 10 a fresh install?

I see a ton of random internet issues when upgrading to Windows 10, reinstalling a fresh copy always takes care of them.

11 hours ago, KettyKoala said:

Try downloading the drivers, and installing them through the device manager by selecting your network adapter and manually select the folder that the driver files are in

If I tell you how many times I've done this you will go crazy! Not just manually. It's automatically as well. I've tried over 20 times each.

9 hours ago, Scheer said:

Did you upgrade from a previous OS to Windows 10, or was Windows 10 a fresh install?

I see a ton of random internet issues when upgrading to Windows 10, reinstalling a fresh copy always takes care of them.

I updated from Windows 7 to windows 10 it wasn't a fresh install. Where can I get windows 10 again and how can I download it and install it again? Also will it ask me for a product key or not? If it does I don't have one because I upgraded from Windows 7 and I don't know the product key. It did the process automatically.

15 hours ago, MagnusGrønstad said:

it dosen't look like yer mobo supports windows 10 

lol surely its the OSes fault though!

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

20 hours ago, 291276_1454182508 said:

I updated from Windows 7 to windows 10 it wasn't a fresh install. Where can I get windows 10 again and how can I download it and install it again? Also will it ask me for a product key or not? If it does I don't have one because I upgraded from Windows 7 and I don't know the product key. It did the process automatically.

If you go to Reset my PC it will reload the OS, but I'm not 100% sure if it does everything wiping the drive and reinstalling would. Its worth a try in my opinion.