disadvantages of cheap gaming fans?

MiguelitoIV
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

No such thing. As there's no such thing as Gaming CPU, Gaming RAM or Gaming SSD. You must be talking about regular cheap-o fans with fancy paint job and maybe LEDs. Pro's: They are cheap. Cons: Everything else. If you want cheap fan that actually isn't that bad, go for Bitfenix Spectre.

These ARE Gaming fans:

Spoiler

b9a4a339454c1c51m.jpg

is it okay to buy cheap gaming fans. I saw some in my local store that were worth $10 each only.

Gaming... fans? People will put "gaming" on anything to sell it, won't they. 

Main disadvantage will be noise compared to better fans. After that, they'll perform worse (though there's not a whole lot in it with fans), also they likely won't last as long as better fans that use superior bearings. 

3 minutes ago, Supercian411 said:

its just stupid.  now I'm going to eat  my gaming hotdog for enhanced performance

I'm going to go to my gaming toilet, drop a gaming load, use some gaming paper to wipe, wash with gaming soap and site on my gaming bed thinking about gaming.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

2 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

I'm going to go to my gaming toilet, drop a gaming load, use some gaming paper to wipe, wash with gaming soap and site on my gaming bed thinking about gaming.

And I have to go to my gaming work to earn gaming money so that I can game on my gaming PC ... I am just annoyed by my gaming alarm clock as it doesent have gaming RGB LEDs.

Just now, WereCat said:

And I have to go to my gaming work to earn gaming money so that I can game on my gaming PC ... I am just annoyed by my gaming alarm clock as it doesent have gaming RGB LEDs.

Which reminds me, a friend is buying a gaming dildo

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

1 hour ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Gaming... fans? People will put "gaming" on anything to sell it, won't they. 

Main disadvantage will be noise compared to better fans. After that, they'll perform worse (though there's not a whole lot in it with fans), also they likely won't last as long as better fans that use superior bearings. 

The one thing that I'm really disappointed in LTT for.

Get a good office chair. It is better.

6 hours ago, Supercian411 said:

its just stupid.  now I'm going to eat  my gaming hotdog for enhanced performance

lol haha

Gaming fans... oh god. Can't I just use my 10-year-old fans and call it a day? I'd rather install a gaming spoiler on to my computer for ENHANCED SPEED!!!!!!!! 

funny-motivational-poster-sd-23.jpg.a838

My point is, don't buy into advertising. A regular computer fan will work just fine, albeit that it may be somewhat louder. 

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.

No such thing. As there's no such thing as Gaming CPU, Gaming RAM or Gaming SSD. You must be talking about regular cheap-o fans with fancy paint job and maybe LEDs. Pro's: They are cheap. Cons: Everything else. If you want cheap fan that actually isn't that bad, go for Bitfenix Spectre.

These ARE Gaming fans:

Spoiler

b9a4a339454c1c51m.jpg

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 hours ago, UnbrokenMotion said:

Gaming fans... oh god. Can't I just use my 10-year-old fans and call it a day? I'd rather install a gaming spoiler on to my computer for ENHANCED SPEED!!!!!!!! 

funny-motivational-poster-sd-23.jpg.a838

My point is, don't buy into advertising. A regular computer fan will work just fine, albeit that it may be somewhat louder. 

try putting nitrous oxide in the cooling loop