How to use the MX Master wired?

Hi there, 

So I got my hands on an MX Master, and the wireless is cool and all - but I was wondering if it was possible to use it wired instead of relying on Bluetooth. The thing is, I have the Bluetooth reciever plugged into my laptop and the cable at my desktop so it would be pretty handy to just plug it in when using it on my desktop and simplay take it with me when on the go with my laptop. The manual doesnt mention it, and it won't work when plugging it in with the USB cable only.

Sorry for my rough English, I am really tired atm z_z

Thanks!

I think the cable is solely for charging and not for wired use without the wireless usb adapter.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

strange, you could always just get a bluetooth adapter for your PC and switch between the two

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I ran into the same issue with mine, it would have been nice as I use mine at home but also take it to work with me, so the wire would have been nice. I have yet to find a way to make it work solely by wire, so I just bought two extra Unifying adapters one for work and one to just chuck in my back incase I'm not using a regular pc or laptop. 

11 hours ago, ShadowCaptain said:

strange, you could always just get a bluetooth adapter for your PC and switch between the two

Thats not the problem, I was just wondering if it was possible (or more like why it isn't xp)

• 3 years later...

I just bought one based on the many comments I found online including PC Mag that stated that yes, it will work wired.  That was the first thing I tested when I got my mouse, I plugged in the cable before pairing the bluetooth, unifying receiver not plugged in.  At that point, the only way it could work was wired.  And guess what, IT DID NOT WORK.  The primary reason I bought this mouse was to use it plugged in when my magic mouse was experiencing lag from interference, and because it has the thumb scroll wheel.  I've gotten too used the left right scrolling with my magic mouse.

Too many people online saying yes, it works wired WHEN THEY DON'T EVEN OWN THE MOUSE AND HAVEN'T TRIED IT.