Ssd

Thecomputerman

Sometimes when I watch pic build videos they sometimes put 2 ssd's why do they do that?

2 minutes ago, Thecomputerman said:

Sometimes when I watch pic build videos they sometimes put 2 ssd's why do they do that?

They could be putting them in as a RAID to either have increased speed or data redundancy. They could also have a small one as a boot drive and another as fast storage. Depends on the purpose of the build. But usually RAID is the reason.

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

1 minute ago, Thecomputerman said:

Wow, some serious thought went into this. 

So you can swim times get storage cheaper if you buy twice half of the size you need. Or you can use it in a RAID array to increase storage security(drive failures!)/ gain higher speed in RAID 0. Or you can do it because you want to build a show rig and two SSDs look cooler than one. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

1 minute ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Wow, some serious thought went into this. 

So you can swim times get storage cheaper if you buy twice half of the size you need. Or you can use it in a RAID array to increase storage security(drive failures!)/ gain higher speed in RAID 0. Or you can do it because you want to build a show rig and two SSDs look cooler than one. 

Thanks for explaining!

1 minute ago, Thecomputerman said:

Thanks for explaining!

Sry for the typos. I am on my phone. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

1 minute ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Sry for the typos. I am on my phone. 

It's ok nobody is perfect