Wireless PCIE adaptor for desktop

rasesh

Hey guys I occasionally game & move around a-lot at times and sometimes don't have the leisure to have LAN connection so was deciding to buy myself a pcie wifi adpator.

I was leaning towards purchasing 802.11 AC as they are much faster so I've heard.

I don't have much knowledge at all with all this wifi stuff so needed your help.

Do I really need to spend $80 CAD for a card like this to play games online with smooth experience/no lag?

https://www.amazon.ca/Archer-T9E-Wireless-1300Mbps-Beamforming/dp/B00TQEX7AQ?ie=UTF8&creative=395381&creativeASIN=B00TQEX7AQ&linkCode=df0&ref_=asc_df_B00TQEX7AQ4227747&smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&tag=shopbotca-20

Any certain one you would suggest?

3 minutes ago, rasesh said:

Does your router support 802.11ac? Because if it doesn't buying an 802.11ac PCIE wireless adaptor would be useless.

That card you linked is good, btw.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

7 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Does your router support 802.11ac? Because if it doesn't buying an 802.11ac PCIE wireless adaptor would be useless.

That card you linked is good, btw.

I don't know if it does or not.

How do I check?

It's the optik t.v/hdtv router from telus.

So you are saying your WOULD spend $80 on that card?

6 minutes ago, rasesh said:

I don't know if it does or not.

How do I check?

It's the optical t.v/hdtv router from telus.

So you are saying your WOULD spend $80 on that card?

It would be listed in the technical specs of your router. Seeing as I'm not from Canada and I've never heard of Telus, I can't find the specs of your router. Can you?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Just now, ThinkWithPortals said:

It would be listed in the technical specs of your router. Seeing as I'm not from Canada and I've never heard of Telus, I can't find the specs of your router. Can you?

Give me 1min, let me go see & get back to you.

Okay dude I just realized the way my desktop is connected is SO WEIRD that I don't even know if it's right or how it's even working exactly.

I apparently have 2 router's? I don't even know if one is a router or not but here is the current setup I have.

So, all my cables & everything start in my garage to keep the clutter outside of the house.

I mean like the optik wire/t.v cable box etc is outside.

Now on the outside I have the following router i guess?

Model #: T1200H which is connected to the main LAN port coming out of the garage.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/816410/Actiontec-T1200h.html?page=5#manual

Now upstairs in my room I have another router apparently underneath the desk with the following model #: WCB3000N.

When I was looking at it 2 of the green led lights had 5G and 2G lights and the 2G light was flashing and 5G one was just solid along with other lights on the router.

http://www.actiontec.com/305.html

As you can see I'm very clueless in this department.

A Telus representative came to my house & set this up.