Define S airflow blocked by dust filters

FilipSebik

Hi everyone, so I bought 5 Fractal Design Venturi HF-14 and they are placed like that:
Intake: 3xFront, 1x Bottom

Exhaust: 1x Rear

Fractal Design Kelvin S36:

Exhaust: 3x Top Fractal Design Dynamic GP-12

The Front intake mostly doesn't blow any air because there is that dust filter which i need because my room is very very freakin dusty

And the Fans are running on Low speed adapter which runs them at 850 RPM and its 78CFM and low 0.59 mm H2O which should be ok.

So should i remove the dust filter and clean the PC everyday or mod the front panel to make dust filtering there and remove dust filter?

PS: If i remove that dust filter then the fans blow hell lot of air and i like that

1 hour ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Remove the foam

There is metalic filter not a foam one

I assumed they did the same as my arc mini. Its fine without the filters, just clean it once a month and you should be fine.

Haha just clean once a month and about a 5-6 days my PC would be full of dust

Just now, FilipSebik said:

Mine took several months before I noticed dust anywhere (when it was watercooled) and I live in a house with cats and carpet

1 minute ago, FilipSebik said:

did you ever think of cleaning your room? lol

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

Mine took several months before I noticed dust anywhere (when it was watercooled) and I live in a house with cats and carpet

I live in a room with 10 year old carpet... and i will be moving soon but don't know when

1 hour ago, Wingfan said:

did you ever think of cleaning your room? lol

I can't

23 hours ago, FilipSebik said:

The Front intake mostly doesn't blow any air because there is that dust filter which i need because my room is very very freakin dusty

How do you see if there is air movement or not? Are temps issue? From pics I can see that filter is certainly not causing issue for 3 low speed fans.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

How do you see if there is air movement or not? Are temps issue? From pics I can see that filter is certainly not causing issue for 3 low speed fans.

I open the case and put my hand in front of the fan and can't fell something strong like with the filter removed. No heat issues but i want what i pay for (100 euros for 5 fans)

I open the case and put my hand in front of the fan and can't fell something strong like with the filter removed. No heat issues but i want what i pay for (100 euros for 5 fans)

So what is that you want? More airflow? Remove LNA. More dust? Remove filter. Lower temps? Again, remove LNA.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

So what is that you want? More airflow? Remove LNA. More dust? Remove filter. Lower temps? Again, remove LNA.

Remove LNA: Blow myself off the chair and everything in the room and get told s*%t from my dad like "Why the hell is the PC so loud"

2 minutes ago, FilipSebik said:

Remove LNA: Blow myself off the chair and everything in the room and get told s*%t from my dad like "Why the hell is the PC so loud"

Well, loud part is correct. But 1200/1500 rpm isn't really that fast rotation speed. And you could control speed with mobo also. But still, what temps are you getting and makes you think you aren't getting enough performance for your money? I mean LTT just did video which showed that case fans have minor effect on overall cooling anyway.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Well, loud part is correct. But 1200/1500 rpm isn't really that fast rotation speed. And you could control speed with mobo also. But still, what temps are you getting and makes you think you aren't getting enough performance for your money? I mean LTT just did video which showed that case fans have minor effect on overall cooling anyway.

I know but i want hurricane in my case and i don't have 5 free Mobo fan slots and with LNA they are loud

I know but i want hurricane in my case and i don't have 5 free Mobo fan slots and with LNA they are loud

Remove filter and enjoy your sandstorm :)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Remove filter and enjoy your sandstorm :)

Enjoy cleaning PC every day :DDDDD Thanks but that won't help me

Your hand's sense of touch is a lousy measure of air flow (ie. volume), it's an ok measure for wind speed.  That you don't feel much is entirely in keeping with the use of the LNA - which slows the fan's speed.

How are your temperatures?  If they are fine I wouldn't change a thing.

1 hour ago, ThomasD said:

Your hand's sense of touch is a lousy measure of air flow (ie. volume), it's an ok measure for wind speed.  That you don't feel much is entirely in keeping with the use of the LNA - which slows the fan's speed.

How are your temperatures?  If they are fine I wouldn't change a thing.

My temps are best but i want hurricane in my case because the dust that falls in from somewhere??? Needs to be picked up by airflow and exhausted by top or rear fans

My temps are best but i want hurricane in my case because the dust that falls in from somewhere??? Needs to be picked up by airflow and exhausted by top or rear fans

Then remove the LNA on those front fans.  If that is not enough then replace them with the PWM version  - which generate much higher static pressures, or some other fans that have higher SP rating. 

Another option would be to remove some of the exhaust fans as you probably have a negative pressure situation where the exhaust fans are venting a greater volume of air than the intakes can bring in.  The downside is that this approach might result in higher temperatures (wont know until you try though...)

Personally I think any time you have any sort of restriction - including fan filters - you are better served using high SP fans.

Then remove the LNA on those front fans.  If that is not enough then replace them with the PWM version  - which generate much higher static pressures, or some other fans that have higher SP rating. 

Another option would be to remove some of the exhaust fans as you probably have a negative pressure situation where the exhaust fans are venting a greater volume of air than the intakes can bring in.  The downside is that this approach might result in higher temperatures (wont know until you try though...)

Personally I think any time you have any sort of restriction - including fan filters - you are better served using high SP fans.

Man, I said that removing LNA would suck the filter and make a black hole (118CFM) and SP are not what i want because they are loud and 78CFM at 30 dB which is loud.

I don't know if i can change them because its 2 days from when i bought 4 and 1 week when i bought 1. And i want them.

Man, I said that removing LNA would suck the filter and make a black hole (118CFM) and SP are not what i want because they are loud and 78CFM at 30 dB which is loud.

I don't know if i can change them because its 2 days from when i bought 4 and 1 week when i bought 1. And i want them.

Would?  Or did?

Well, given that you either cannot or will not change what is going on at the front of the case then your only option is to change some of the exhaust fans.  Unless you don't want to do that either.

In which case, best wishes.

Would?  Or did?

Well, given that you either cannot or will not change what is going on at the front of the case then your only option is to change some of the exhaust fans.  Unless you don't want to do that either.

In which case, best wishes.

I want to find another way to reduce dust in case with removing the filter or keeping it and without changing fans or speed.

I want to know if the filters does even do something

I want to find another way to reduce dust in case with removing the filter or keeping it and without changing fans or speed.

I want to know if the filters does even do something

Let the front fans run for a week or so, you'll see if they are catching any dust.  In most households about half of the dust, by volume, is human skin.  Those filters are designed for particles of that size.  If the dust in your room is something less ordinary, and smaller in size, the filters might not work. 

But I suspect that the dust in the case is coming in from unfiltered openings.  Filters only work to limit case dust when all intakes are filtered and positive pressure is maintained in the case.

Let the front fans run for a week or so, you'll see if they are catching any dust.  In most households about half of the dust, by volume, is human skin.  Those filters are designed for particles of that size.  If the dust in your room is something less ordinary, and smaller in size, the filters might not work. 

But I suspect that the dust in the case is coming in from unfiltered openings.  Filters only work to limit case dust when all intakes are filtered and positive pressure is maintained in the case.

I have positive pressure in case and i live in small single room flat. So i will remove them and compare dust with and without but I am worried about messing my radiator with dust

I have positive pressure in case and i live in small single room flat. So i will remove them and compare dust with and without but I am worried about messing my radiator with dust

How do you know you have positive pressure?  You have four intake fans and four exhaust fans, but the intake fans are restricted by filters.  You cannot use the reported specs alone in those circumstances.  There are various ways to observe actual airflow - dry ice vapor is my preferred method, but you can also use smoke or small amounts of talc (or other fine powder) to see if air is being drawn into the case anywhere.