What ten key-less keyboard should I buy

Freowin
Go to solution Solved by iM8Pizza,
On 3/30/2016 at 9:02 PM, Freowin said:

Unfortunately, that sells for about 300usd here. 

Coolermaster goes for about 200usd. 

check out Ducky One TKL (non-Backlit) http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/page-en/Ducky-One-TKL-non-backlit/ , It cost roughly 70USD from where I come from (it's Rp890.000 here), it's great considering the price/

On 3/30/2016 at 9:25 PM, Freowin said:

Thanks, I'll look it up.

15 hours ago, Papakuma said:

Japan makes it much tougher. Do you need a Japanese layout or a US English layout for your keyboard? Are you willing to import and pay the high prices for shipping and import fees? I recently when through the same issues and might be able to lend you some advice but it depends on what you need in a board besides 10KL. 

ah Japanese, why not get Filco? they are superb (I own one), but lacking on the feature, Majestouch 2 line of products doesn't come with any other additional things other than the "basic" (nothing for volume etc), but there's the Camouflage type.. which "fills" it tho https://www.diatec.co.jp/en/det.php?prod_c=810

So, I have spent a ton on my rig while skimping on the peripherals. I already bought a mouse (logitech g303) because my old orochi gave out on me, and I think now would be a great time to replace my 10 dollar ish keyboard.

Im currently thinking about the about to be released razer blackwidow x tournament edition, though I'd want to opt for the orange switches. 

The corsair k65 *was* an option until i realized that the non backlit version only had cherry mx reds. 

So I'm turning to you guys, what would be a good buy if I'm searching for a tkl mechanical keyboard that has cherry mx browns/razer orange or similar switches? Price isn't really a matter if performance wise, I'm getting what I pay for. Oh and if it helps, I'm currently in Japan. 

8 minutes ago, Aytex said:

MK Disco?

7 minutes ago, Freowin said:

Is the CM quickfire tk also 200?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

4 minutes ago, IMPERIUS said:

Is the CM quickfire tk also 200?

Yes, it runs for about 20000 yen, about 200 usd.

Look at the WASD tenkeyless. Expensive, but very customizable and well built. You buy directly from WASD so no local markup and their shipping is "reasonable", all things considered.

6 minutes ago, Freowin said:

Yes, it runs for about 20000 yen, about 200 usd.

That's expensive, because the TK was the cheapest tenkeyless mechanical keyboards I know. 

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

7 minutes ago, Dredgy said:

Look at the WASD tenkeyless. Expensive, but very customizable and well built. You buy directly from WASD so no local markup and their shipping is "reasonable", all things considered.

Thanks, I'll look it up.

Quickfire tK Rapid i Brown switches, it also has white backlighting

Romer G are pretty similar to that of MX browns

Hell, Romer G is an omron made switch from Japan in cooperation with Logitech. Probably find G410 really easily in Japan.

16 hours ago, Freowin said:

So, I have spent a ton on my rig while skimping on the peripherals. I already bought a mouse (logitech g303) because my old orochi gave out on me, and I think now would be a great time to replace my 10 dollar ish keyboard.

Im currently thinking about the about to be released razer blackwidow x tournament edition, though I'd want to opt for the orange switches. 

The corsair k65 *was* an option until i realized that the non backlit version only had cherry mx reds. 

So I'm turning to you guys, what would be a good buy if I'm searching for a tkl mechanical keyboard that has cherry mx browns/razer orange or similar switches? Price isn't really a matter if performance wise, I'm getting what I pay for. Oh and if it helps, I'm currently in Japan. 

Japan makes it much tougher. Do you need a Japanese layout or a US English layout for your keyboard? Are you willing to import and pay the high prices for shipping and import fees? I recently when through the same issues and might be able to lend you some advice but it depends on what you need in a board besides 10KL. 

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

On 3/30/2016 at 9:02 PM, Freowin said:

check out Ducky One TKL (non-Backlit) http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/page-en/Ducky-One-TKL-non-backlit/ , It cost roughly 70USD from where I come from (it's Rp890.000 here), it's great considering the price/

On 3/30/2016 at 9:25 PM, Freowin said:

Thanks, I'll look it up.

15 hours ago, Papakuma said:

ah Japanese, why not get Filco? they are superb (I own one), but lacking on the feature, Majestouch 2 line of products doesn't come with any other additional things other than the "basic" (nothing for volume etc), but there's the Camouflage type.. which "fills" it tho https://www.diatec.co.jp/en/det.php?prod_c=810

15 hours ago, iM8Pizza said:

Thanks for the suggestions. Ill be sure to look them up, though I saw the Filco one, and that's one cheap keyboard!