Skyrim command pro needed!

Flowey

Allright so I'm familiar with the basics of the command window. I've been having an odd issue for the past two days now.

Whenever I start the game, these 4 values ( healrate, magickarate,staminarate and combathealthregenmult) jump by like 30 units. For those new to commands, these are the stats that makes you regen stamina, magicka and health.They are supposed to be at 0.7 : 3.0 : 5 : 0.49 in order respectivly.

So clearly the game is becoming boring and it's quite annoying to type in, each time I want to play the game, player.forceav healrate 0.7/player.forceav magickarate 3/blablabla

I thought that if I went with forceav over setav that would be permanent? Seems it is not.

So I'm wondering if there is some quick fix to this issue because it's becoming an annoyance quite quickly. Do I need to mess around in skyrim.ini or something?

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Rather than mess around with the console, why don't you just crank up the difficulty in the settings?

I believe you need to use;

player.modav X (+/-)#

"setav" only sets the value, but resets when the game launches again.

"forceav" is a little finnicky with how Skyrim handles it, sometimes it isn't permanent.

When using modav you have to modify the value by either adding or subtracting, not setting it to a number.

Example;

X = 10

player.modav X -5

X = 5

player.modav X +10.5

X = 15.5

I hope that makes sense.

So try modav and see if that fixes it.

2 hours ago, ThomasD said:

Rather than mess around with the console, why don't you just crank up the difficulty in the settings?

Dude, I regen like 150 health units per second...Even if I crank it up to legendary I don't die. The only way I can day is if I fall off a cliff.

I tried first thing, still thank you

1 hour ago, EChondo said:

I believe you need to use;

player.modav X (+/-)#

"setav" only sets the value, but resets when the game launches again.

"forceav" is a little finnicky with how Skyrim handles it, sometimes it isn't permanent.

When using modav you have to modify the value by either adding or subtracting, not setting it to a number.

Example;

X = 10

player.modav X -5

X = 5

player.modav X +10.5

X = 15.5

I hope that makes sense.

So try modav and see if that fixes it.

Oh yeah I used modav quite a bit but forceav 'forces it' to the value you input. For example, your healrate is at 44.5 and you want it at .7. With modav you'd need to type in 'player.modav healrate -43.8' but with 'player.forceav healrate 0.7' it replaces the old value with the new one. Problem is, as with modav, the value still goes up by like 30 units each time I launch my save. Weird issues, right?

I've also been having my heavy armor skill level at 163 while I just lengendaryed the skill( reset it back to 15) which is quite odd. guess it's a problem with the mod I use for the perk overhaul since when I check active effects I don't see shite similar to the effects In have.

thanks anyway, I guess I'll be stuck typing all the values each time I play!

20 hours ago, Flowey said:

Allright so I'm familiar with the basics of the command window. I've been having an odd issue for the past two days now.

Whenever I start the game, these 4 values ( healrate, magickarate,staminarate and combathealthregenmult) jump by like 30 units. For those new to commands, these are the stats that makes you regen stamina, magicka and health.They are supposed to be at 0.7 : 3.0 : 5 : 0.49 in order respectivly.

So clearly the game is becoming boring and it's quite annoying to type in, each time I want to play the game, player.forceav healrate 0.7/player.forceav magickarate 3/blablabla

I thought that if I went with forceav over setav that would be permanent? Seems it is not.

So I'm wondering if there is some quick fix to this issue because it's becoming an annoyance quite quickly. Do I need to mess around in skyrim.ini or something?

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

I can only offer 3 possible solutions.

1. Reinstall the game. 

2. Find out how to auto run commands when you load into the game. Not sure how to do this at all, couldn't find much

3. Try this, but with the commands you need to use. While not ideal, it reduces the amount of typing you need to do quite a lot  http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:CC:Console_Command_Batch_Lists_(Skyrim)

1 hour ago, MatazaNZ said:

I can only offer 3 possible solutions.

1. Reinstall the game. 

2. Find out how to auto run commands when you load into the game. Not sure how to do this at all, couldn't find much

3. Try this, but with the commands you need to use. While not ideal, it reduces the amount of typing you need to do quite a lot  http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:CC:Console_Command_Batch_Lists_(Skyrim)

thx bud, figured I'd need a macro to do such things. Will check that out soon enough!