Lost windows key

JoySkeet

So i had a problem with my windows and i had to download a cracked version and install it from a USB drive , the problem is that i lost my OLD windows key that came with the PC , where can i find it? i tried Belarc advisor to find it but it shows my current cracked key (windows is not activated)

I  found the key but when i enter it it says " The product key you have entered appears to be a default key and cannot be used for activation" 

6 minutes ago, JoySkeet said:

So i had a problem with my windows and i had to download a cracked version and install it from a USB drive , the problem is that i lost my OLD windows key that came with the PC , where can i find it? i tried Belarc advisor to find it but it shows my current cracked key (windows is not activated)

I  found the key but when i enter it it says " The product key you have entered appears to be a default key and cannot be used for activation" 

I have honestly NO idea! Maybe its beacuse of the craked windows?

Im Not Very Fancy Pancy With Spelling But My Rig Is Cleaner Than The Apple On A Teachers Desk!

No key? Looks like you're.....locked out.

In all seriousness, you could try purchasing a new key from Kinguin for cheap. like maybe 25 if you can't find a way to get it back.

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

I have a key that came with my PC , i want to get rid of the cracked key that i have now and add mine but i can't because when i enter my key i get the error "  " The product key you have entered appears to be a default key and cannot be used for activation" 

2 minutes ago, JoySkeet said:

I have a key that came with my PC , i want to get rid of the cracked key that i have now and add mine but i can't because when i enter my key i get the error "  " The product key you have entered appears to be a default key and cannot be used for activation" 

You could try reinstalling a uncracked or official version to fix this.

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

Do you have a recovery disc with your PC?  If not you might be able to get a Windows ISO from the Window's website and go from there.

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

hah, when I read the title I thought you actually lost the Windows Key

like the actual key...

WindowsKey-.jpg

consult your PC manufacturer if the windows came pre-installed with the system,

it is their responsibility to assist you with such problems

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

^ lol

What if i reinstall windows ? will it require my key ? 

Yes.

If your computer came with Windows 10 - then it may be in the BIOS, so you can try installing from your computers recovery disks or an OEM copy of it.

If it's not embedded in your BIOS then you will have a COA sticker somewhere on your machine, or in your documentation.

If it came with a Windows version previous to Windows 10 - you will have to install that previous version, activate it, then upgrade to 10 I believe.

You can use this tool to extract the key if its in your UEFI/BIOS: https://neosmart.net/OemKey/

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA