is it enough or simply a potato

hey guys

i'm looking for abit of expertise, my little brother is currently almost breaking his dads pc simply because there is only 4gb's of ram and im not allowed to upgrade it.

reason: my step-dad (his dad) dont wanna mess of the warranty on the pc, which is some meh medion pre-build pc, wich works just fine really.

problem is when my brother plays GTA V, it wont even allow him to full screen the shit cause of the ram lol.

have in mind my brother is autistic so he dont really understand the whole warranty that well, which honestly i cant blame him.

the game kills the pc or game not sure really. either way he gotta restart the game after like 5-15 mins of gameplay.

"mother allows him to buy the game, dad tells him he cant play the game" thats what he understands of the whole thing in short.

SO knowing my little brother he wont let this go, and i know he actually got quite alot of cash considering he is only 12, he allready bought  an iphone 4 (used) , brand new ipad over the past couple years.

i believe he got around 300 USD, and ofc as his brother and a bigger one at that (23 years old) id happily give up some cash to push his budget a tad. so im thinking 300-400 USD budget.

budget: 300-400USD

allready got:

Case

OS

PSU (maybe unsure of the watt/brand)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/L7yGsY

is this completely useless or is it alright for games like GTA V, ark survival, Sims, minecraft. on a 32inch tv that is lol. it obviously aint gonna be some over 9000 fps in some kind of infinite ultra sick settings.

thanks.

id recommend looking on craigslist for parts. Ive seen dual 7950's for 130 dollars before

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

considering im from denmark, thats not really gonna work :D i should probably have said that hah

Not a bad build. It could run GTA V no problem. (medium settings) You could shave a few bucks getting Windows on reddit. (or pirating it). You could also get used parts for cheap

CPU: me | Dark Rock Pro 3 | Asus Z170-A | 32GB Dominator Plats | 512gb SSD/4TB WD Black | 980Ti | BQ Silent Base 800 | EVGA 850w |

01101110 01101111 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101
BEST PC FOR THE PRICE:

$400 $500 $600 $700 $800 $900 $1000

If you want to Silence your PC/Room more, contact me.

6 minutes ago, Thoaee1993 said:

hey guys

i'm looking for abit of expertise, my little brother is currently almost breaking his dads pc simply because there is only 4gb's of ram and im not allowed to upgrade it.

reason: my step-dad (his dad) dont wanna mess of the warranty on the pc, which is some meh medion pre-build pc, wich works just fine really.

problem is when my brother plays GTA V, it wont even allow him to full screen the shit cause of the ram lol.

have in mind my brother is autistic so he dont really understand the whole warranty that well, which honestly i cant blame him.

the game kills the pc or game not sure really. either way he gotta restart the game after like 5-15 mins of gameplay.

"mother allows him to buy the game, dad tells him he cant play the game" thats what he understands of the whole thing in short.

SO knowing my little brother he wont let this go, and i know he actually got quite alot of cash considering he is only 12, he allready bought  an iphone 4 (used) , brand new ipad over the past couple years.

i believe he got around 300 USD, and ofc as his brother and a bigger one at that (23 years old) id happily give up some cash to push his budget a tad. so im thinking 300-400 USD budget.

is this completely useless or is it alright for games like GTA V, ark survival, Sims, minecraft. on a 32inch tv that is lol. it obviously aint gonna be some over 9000 fps in some kind of infinite ultra sick settings.

thanks.

I can play GTA 5 almost maxed out with 4 GB of ram... Something else is the issue.. The build is decent, should run it around medium settings

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

If RAM is an issue, drop the single stick and get two 4gb. Dual channel is always better.

As for the video card, it will work fine with that motherboard and processor, except youll be capped to 1080p low settings if you want 60fps, which I'm sure won't be a problem for your younger brother.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FsPPt6

If thats really the route you're going, I would recommend he get the kenguin or app-nee reloader or just windows 7 cheaper and a better cpu

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

q6600 with Radeon 7950 can be had for around $300 and because its a quad core its mine actually be better in some tasks then a G3258

1 minute ago, Mornincupofhate said:

If RAM is an issue, drop the single stick and get two 4gb. Dual channel is always better.

As for the video card, it will work fine with that motherboard and processor, except youll be capped to 1080p low settings if you want 60fps, which I'm sure won't be a problem for your younger brother.

thats the problem :) i cant change the pc he is using allready due to warranty, cause my step-dad is a dick to be honest.

2 minutes ago, dark_xzyph3r said:

I can play GTA 5 almost maxed out with 4 GB of ram... Something else is the issue.. The build is decent, should run it around medium settings

maybe because he is playing on a 32inch tv monitor? he only got 4 ram, 4 ram is minimum ( considering theres not even 4gigs of ram avaliable due to OS and such running)

if you're buying new,

i propose this build

Spoiler

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CM2XCJ
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CM2XCJ/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($112.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($44.99 @ Micro Center) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($35.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 950 2GB Video Card  ($144.99 @ Micro Center) 
Power Supply: EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($20.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $359.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-27 23:44 EDT-0400

thought you have to buy windows on reddit's microsoftsoftwareswap or something for 20~30$

im assuming you already have a case and hard drive because you didnt include them in your original list

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, bindydad123 said:

q6600 with Radeon 7950 can be had for around $300 and because its a quad core its mine actually be better in some tasks then a G3258

even if i overclock the G3258? i heard of some very nice overclocks on the G3258 together with the mobo used

12 minutes ago, Thoaee1993 said:

hey guys

thanks.

To be honest, the people offering you the warranty wont even know if you've opened the PC if there's no stickers or anything.

Just rip that thing open and stick a new ram card in one day when nobody is home, trust me, you would have to try pretty hard to break a PC just by installing new RAM.

Just now, Thoaee1993 said:

thats the problem :) i cant change the pc he is using allready due to warranty, cause my step-dad is a dick to be honest.

maybe because he is playing on a 32inch tv monitor? he only got 4 ram, 4 ram is minimum ( considering theres not even 4gigs of ram avaliable due to OS and such running)

Monitor size does not matter.. What is the resolution? A 32 inch 800x600 monitor would take the same power to run a 5 inch 800x600 monitor.. It just stretches it. Again, I have 4GB of ram and play on a 3440x1440 monitor and I can play fine..

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

if you're buying new,

i propose this build

Hide contents

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CM2XCJ
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CM2XCJ/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($112.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($44.99 @ Micro Center) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($35.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 950 2GB Video Card  ($144.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $359.94
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-27 23:44 EDT-0400

thought you have to buy windows on reddit's microsoftsoftwareswap or something for 20~30$

im assuming you already have a case and hard drive because you didnt include them in your original list

yeah sorry moonzy i should have clarified that aswell. i knew i had it so i did not think about it agian :D

about your list, no cpu cooler needed ? :)

1 minute ago, Thoaee1993 said:

yeah sorry moonzy i should have clarified that aswell. i knew i had it so i did not think about it agian :D

cpu cooler included with CPU 

the cpu comes with stock cooler, so you should be fine :D

2 minutes ago, Mornincupofhate said:

To be honest, the people offering you the warranty wont even know if you've opened the PC if there's no stickers or anything.

Just rip that thing open and stick a new ram card in one day when nobody is home, trust me, you would have to try pretty hard to break a PC just by installing new RAM.

you made my day haha, i actually think i tried to open the case allready just to see what kind of hardware it had, and i seem to remember it was a bitch to open so i gave up.

true, tho dark_xzyph3r makes me wonder if the ram is the problem. but then agian, ram is ram.. its really cheap. no problem if its not the problem after all :)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TKx7cf

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($98.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI 760GMA-P34(FX) Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($46.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($28.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Rosewill SRM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($21.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($86.86 @ Amazon) 
Total: $450.57

Biggest thing that upped the price here is the case and hard drive. If you have those then everything else should be fine

you made my day haha, i actually think i tried to open the case allready just to see what kind of hardware it had, and i seem to remember it was a bitch to open so i gave up.

true, tho dark_xzyph3r makes me wonder if the ram is the problem. but then agian, ram is ram.. its really cheap. no problem if its not the problem after all :)

If it's a desktop, then you're doing something wrong.

After unscrewing all of the screws, the panel should just slide right off, so you probably missed a screw or a latch somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Mornincupofhate said:

If it's a desktop, then you're doing something wrong.

After unscrewing all of the screws, the panel should just slide right off, so you probably missed a screw or a latch somewhere.

most  likely, but then agian its medion. bought in what looks like a local pawn shop looking supermarket :D

tho thinking about the hdd, he got his other pc aswell, it got some kind of OS allready im sure o.O stuff just got better! haha

4 minutes ago, Thoaee1993 said:

i seem to remember it was a bitch to open so i gave up.

you can normally open a case after you undo two screws that keeping the left panel locked at the rear of the pc

Spoiler

Untitled.png.355d5be29dd5c4ab5f25b3db1b6

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:
2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

you can normally open a case after you undo two screws that keeping the left panel locked at the rear of the pc

Reveal hidden contents

Untitled.png.355d5be29dd5c4ab5f25b3db1b6

dont worry guys im not that bad with tech and stuff! :D my own pc case was no issue (now that is a potato pc, rocking the GT520, im a baller ok)

its german made the case my little brother have, its rock solid! blame the german engineers! haha

46 minutes ago, Thoaee1993 said:

hey guys

thanks.

It'll be fine but I'd recommend going to a GTX 950 or 960 if possible. The driver compatibility and performance upgrade will be worth the extra $30

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BqyGsY
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BqyGsY/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Pentium G4500 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($83.86 @ NCIX US) 
Memory: Avexir Budget Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($26.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Toshiba  500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($42.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 950 2GB Video Card  ($129.99 @ Micro Center) 
Case: Cougar Spike MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($33.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($35.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $398.69
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-28 00:35 EDT-0400

$400 and it'll crush GTA V