Lenovo Vibe P1 Review!

Indus Monk

DISCLAIMER: PICTURES USED ARE NOT MINE (mostly)

Hello Everyone! Lenovo has been known to make some great value for money laptops. Here in Asia, they sell some pretty respectable phones. Today i am going to review one such phone; The Vibe P1. let's get started!

THE BUILD:

This thing is made mostly of metal. it's back is not removable. But just like the HTC One M7; the top comes off. This is where we put the DUAL NANO SIM in one tray and a MICRO SD CARD in a separate slot besides it.

Lenovo-Vibe-P1.jpg.4b326e4a70793e4cabbec

This is where we also find a secondary noise cancelling microphone and a headphone jack.

Lenovo-Vibe-P1-AA-9-of-15-840x473.jpg.6c

Moving on to the sides, To one side we have the volume keys and the lock key and to the other, a toggle.

lenovo_vibe_p1_buttons_ndtv.jpg.b6f40ae6

lenovo-vibe-p1-3.jpg.f40a9dd5b3d03fadbc8

The toggle is used to turn on a power saver mode you can make and receive calls, and SMS's and then a couple of other features can be added (but the features are limited to a clock, calendar and alarm).

The front has Gorilla Glass protection and a physical home button which doubles as a fingerprint Sensor. To the Right is a back key (which is faintly backlit) and a multi-tasking key to the Left. At the bottom, it has a micro USB port with two grills. One is a speaker and the other is a microphone.

lenovo_vibe_p1_software_ndtv.jpg.ebe26e4

THE HARDWARE

The Back Camera is 13 megapixels and the front is 5 megapixels. The screen is 5.5 inches and although it isn't very bright in daytime, it is a full 1920x1080p display with a pixel density 400 ppi. Internals  wise:

Snapdragon 615 (1.4GHZ)

Adreno 501 GPU

2GB DDR3L RAM

32GB Internal memory

NFC

Bluetooth

WiFi

LTE suppot

AND THE BIG ONES 4900MAH BATTERY

Supports LENOVO ROCKET CHARGE

THE SOFTWARE

This phone runs android 5.1 Lollipop with VibeUI on top of it out of the box. Vibe UI looks like iOS; but after updating the firmware about 15 times, I finally got an option to switch between VibeUI and Android Launcher.

Screenshot_2016-03-27-22-20-11-868.thumb

The VibeUI and Android Launcher are pretty much the same, it's just that VibeUI has no app drawer (a bit like iOS).

Screenshot_2016-03-27-22-20-41-900.thumb

This phone also comes with a themes engine as well, which, to be honest, is lacking in themes. The camera appUI is damn simple to use. It also lacks a built in music player. Does ship with removable bloat ware though.

THE USAGE EXPERIENCE

In all honesty, the cameras are terrible. The color reproduction; even in ample light is okay at best, it's also pretty damn grainy

FRONT

IMG_20160327_222307.thumb.jpg.b0e6f4db7f

BACK

Lenovo-vibe-p1-mobile-camera-review-5.jp

The fingerprint sensor is also pretty slow; takes 5 seconds to unlock the phone.

56f81053353c6_Lenovo-Vibe-P1(1).jpg.a22c

USAGE EXPERIENCE

The usage of the phone is smooth and stutter free; no problems at all thanks to the SD615 and 2GB RAM. It is fat and heavy, but I forgive it because it lasts me a full 48 HOURS on one charge! Though it will only last 3-4 hours if you game on it continuously. The phone does not heat up much when I game on it. The music output was also fairly loud as the DAC is good. The phone will also go to full charge in 75 minutes from 0%! (Thanks to Rocket Charge) They have also included a color calibrator and a Super Bright mode as well within the software

Screenshot_2015-11-19-21-14-58-902.png.9

FINAL VERDICT

It's cameras are bad at best, music is good, and battery life is the best! Overall, don't buy this device if you want a half decent camera, nor should you pick this up if play heavy games on your phone. Buy it for its battery life... That's what I did as well.

Score: 6.5/10

Price: $224

PROS:

+Battery Life

+Fingerprint Sensor

+Lagfree

CONS:

-Thick and heavy

-Cameras are bad

-Fingerprint Sensor is slow

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

To be totally honest, it's a sub-par phone for $224 because remember that $4 smartphone? That can match this, almost...

*mildly autistic*

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard: x99 RampageRAM: 16GB DDR4 GPU: Nvidia 980 Ti SSD: Looking for one |

12 minutes ago, LionWaffles said:

To be totally honest, it's a sub-par phone for $224 because remember that $4 smartphone? That can match this, almost...

Not really... That $4 phone was just vapour

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist