Dark Rock Pro 3; RAM clearance & Fan compatibility

4ndromeda

So, I'm in the process of buying parts for my new mATX Z170 system & I'm at the cpu cooler stage. Obviously I'll be installing a full custom loop into this system later down the line but to get things started I'll be using an air cooler for the time being. The cooler I have in mind, as the title suggests, is the BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 and I have two main concerns about this cooler:

1. Can I secure my Noctua NF-A14's to it rather than the beQuiet! Silent Wings?
  2. Will I have any clearance issues with my RAM? If so, which DIMM slots will be obstructed by the fan? The motherboard & ram being used is the Asus Maximus VIII Gene Z170 & 2x8GB Kingstone Fury Black DDR4 (eventually will be 4x8GB if it fits)

you shouldn't have any issues with the ram how ever the 140mm fans you might as the cooler only has a 135mm on the inside and a 120 on the outside. You might be able to jerry rig something to one on the outside but it would sit higher on the cooler as to not interfere with the ram if you really wanted to use the noctua fans.  

7 minutes ago, S1lent_5am said:

you shouldn't have any issues with the ram how ever the 140mm fans you might as the cooler only has a 135mm on the inside and a 120 on the outside. You might be able to jerry rig something to one on the outside but it would sit higher on the cooler as to not interfere with the ram if you really wanted to use the noctua fans.  

Okay thanks! Just wanted to check first because even though the included fans may be quiet enough I wanted to be sure if the noctua fans would fit too if it wasn't already quiet enough :)