Noctua NF-F12 for use other than radiators?

I have a new Corsair 500R case coming.  If I find the fans are too loud, I would go with what Linus and so many other have praised, Noctua NF-F12's  These are designed for static pressure. Can you use them for intake and exhaust or do you use a different model?

Can you? Yes, of course!

Should you? Sure. Do not get the S12 fans, or 'S' fans from Noctua if they are restricted by a filter or something. They will choke on airflow. Since you are [i assume] looking for silence I would invest in a pair of Be Quiet! Silent Wings 2 fans. Those are quieter than Noctua fans. 

NF-F12s are excellent fans, even out of the static pressure setting. These fans are optimized for silence and airflow and can out put well focused air to your case. Go right ahead!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

You can use them for everything. There are probably cheaper alternatives as Noctua isn't known for being budget friendly.

I'd say it depends on your case as some more constrained cases really like the static pressure.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

NF F12's are great fans for any usage scenario. Just because a fan is designed for static pressure does not mean that is all it can do.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |