Upgrade my Galaxy S6 Edge?

cortexcortex
Go to solution Solved by Darkseth,

Why do you want to Upgrade? Is there something you are missing (like SD Slot)?

Is there something on your S6 Edge, that makes you unhappy, or not satisfied?

Usually it is never a good idea, to upgrade to the next generation, because the differences are too small.

However, lets say, your S6 Edge doesnt have a good battery life, and you Never maange to go past 1 single Day. This "can" be a reason to upgrade (if it annoys the hell out of you), because the S7 / S7 edge WILL last a big bunch longer. Even more, if you get the Exynos version.

Stuff like that.

But for more performance... Nah. The S7 Edge is like a S6 edge with almost everything better. But it shouldnt justify you spending 750 bucks for it ^^"

If you need to have the newest device, get teh S7 / Edge. Or at least wait for it to drop 100-200 bucks down, and then switch + sell the S6 Edge.

But i would say, wait at least for end 2016 for the nexus devices, or wait another Year. Then the differences will be much bigger than now.

Advice : Go into a Store, take the S7 Edge, and play around with it. Does it feel like a big upgrade for you? 

Hello,

So, I was wondering; should I upgrade my Galaxy S6 Edge to the S7 Edge, or any other phone? I changed from my iPhone 6 to the S6 Edge, and I was very happy with that change.

Should I get the S7 Edge now or wait for some new phone to get out?

Spoiler

Everyday build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5960x - GPU(s): 2x EVGA GTX 980 Ti Superclocked+ ACX2.0+ (SLI) - Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X99 - RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black DDR4 4x8GB (2666MHz) - Storage: Intel 750 Series 1.2TB + 4TB WD Black - Case: Corsair 760T White - PSU: SeaSonic 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified - OS: Windows 10 Pro - Wireless Adapter: TP-Link Archer T9E - Monitor: Acer XB270HU bprz - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB - Mouse(s): Corsair Gaming M65 RGB + Logitech MX Master - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363D

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WhyK99 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/474247-r8-my-build/

Weekend build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5930k - GPU(s): 2x EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified ACX2.0+ (SLI) - Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 - Motherboard: ASUS X99-Deluxe - RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 4x8GB (2666MHz) - Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB m.2 & 2TB Samsung 850 Evo - Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv - PSU: SeaSonic SnowSilent 1050W 80+ Platinum Certified - OS: Windows 10 Home - Monitor: Dell S2716DG 144hz - Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE RGB - Mouse: Corsair Gaming M65 RGB - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363D

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YYK93C

unless you really need a microsd card, then there is no reason to "upgrade"

Intel 5820K OC@4.7 / MSI Raider X99 / 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200mhz / x2 EVGA 980Ti Hybrid OC @1468 / Corsair Vengeance C70 (OD Green) / 2x Samsung 840 Evo in Raid 0 / Corsair RM1000x / Corsair H110i GTX  - Firestrike Score – 26156 (so far, lol)

Why do you want to Upgrade? Is there something you are missing (like SD Slot)?

Is there something on your S6 Edge, that makes you unhappy, or not satisfied?

Usually it is never a good idea, to upgrade to the next generation, because the differences are too small.

However, lets say, your S6 Edge doesnt have a good battery life, and you Never maange to go past 1 single Day. This "can" be a reason to upgrade (if it annoys the hell out of you), because the S7 / S7 edge WILL last a big bunch longer. Even more, if you get the Exynos version.

Stuff like that.

But for more performance... Nah. The S7 Edge is like a S6 edge with almost everything better. But it shouldnt justify you spending 750 bucks for it ^^"

If you need to have the newest device, get teh S7 / Edge. Or at least wait for it to drop 100-200 bucks down, and then switch + sell the S6 Edge.

But i would say, wait at least for end 2016 for the nexus devices, or wait another Year. Then the differences will be much bigger than now.

Advice : Go into a Store, take the S7 Edge, and play around with it. Does it feel like a big upgrade for you? 

Go to the S7

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)

The battery life isn't amazing on the S7 but it will get you through the day.

MY RIG | Intel Core i5-4690K @4.4GHz | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS Z97-A  | Mismatched 24GB RAM @1600MHz DDR3 | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB + PNY CS900 120GB | GIGABYTE AORUS RX 570 4GB | FRACTAL DESIGN FOCUS G | CORSAIR CX550M  | WINDOWS 10 | Acer GN246HL 24" 1080p 144Hz  | Glorious Model O- (Glossy White) Ducky One 2 Mini (White - Cherry MX Silent Red) MOBILE | OnePlus 7 Pro 256GB (Grey) | iPad Pro 10.5 64GB (Gold)  PREVIOUS ACCOUNT: CYANOG