need te cheapest psu in uk for 6700k+fury x

i respawn.
Go to solution Solved by soup,
9 minutes ago, i respawn. said:

.i want the cheapest psu out there in uk that can run this.

No you don't.  "Everyone" (and me for what that's worth) states that you don't want to cheap out on PSU it is connected to "everything" and if it takes a dump may take all your really expensive bits with it .  Get a decent named PSU, that has decent reviews on the 'net.  EVGA seems to have a good rep but they are not exactly cheap.

9 minutes ago, i respawn. said:

.i want the cheapest psu out there in uk that can run this.

No you don't.  "Everyone" (and me for what that's worth) states that you don't want to cheap out on PSU it is connected to "everything" and if it takes a dump may take all your really expensive bits with it .  Get a decent named PSU, that has decent reviews on the 'net.  EVGA seems to have a good rep but they are not exactly cheap.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

If you don't care about build quality you could go with an 80-Plus Bronze model:

Corsair CX600W  £49.99

EVGA 600B £51.99

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

11 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Budget?

14 minutes ago, i respawn. said:

i want the cheapest psu out there

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Just some things...

-When you say you're not going to overclock, does this apply to the CPU? Because getting i7 6700K and a Z170 motherboard without overclocking is wasted potential/performance.

-Very mediocre SSD. The A-data SP550 and the Sandisk SSD Plus are better choices.

-Even if you're going to be playing at 4K, I'd still get the GTX 980Ti. Tends to be the better performing choice.

-Like the others have said, aiming to get a cheap PSU in such a high end rig with a flagship CPU and GPU isn't gonna work out well - especially since a PSU is an important component; cheap and good don't mix well.

So with that said, either get this if you want the best of the best or get this as the bare minimum.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

As said by other people, going cheap on psu is just dumb. Either cut in other parts or save more cash and buy a decent/good one. You don't want your psu to fail on you and taking everything else with it...

Some me brands that are known for making good psu's: EVGA (G-series), Super Flower Leadex (EVGA G's are re-branded Super Flower Leadex), Corsair (check reviews for exact models), Seasonic and Antec.

Spend money on it or you will have to pay multiple as much if something fails... Go with EVGA, they are gud. Or just any other reputable brand. Seasonic, Antec, even be quiet. Had bad experience with corsair but many people recommend them..

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

Ok....i'm gonna go for the evga supernova gw650w and reduce something on the motherboard.thanks guys :D and btw can supernova 650 handle overclocking?if yes than how much?(if i upgrade to.say.h100i gtx later.)

2 minutes ago, i respawn. said:

Ok....i'm gonna go for the evga supernova gw650w and reduce something on the motherboard.thanks guys :D and btw can supernova 650 handle overclocking?if yes than how much?(if i upgrade to.say.h100i gtx later.)

GW? It's either G2 or G1. While both can handle your setup, the G2 is vastly superior.

And yes, it will be plenty for overclocking, as much as the H100i will allow you.

To provide other options, the Corsair RMx 650w would be a good one as well in a similar price point: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cp9020091na

3 hours ago, i respawn. said:

Which Supernova 650W? There are four different ones and three of them are good (GQ/GS/G2)

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

25 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

There are four different ones and three of them are good (GQ/GS/G2)

I must have been very out of it to have forgotten about the GS and GQ... lol

11 minutes ago, quan289 said:

I must have been very out of it to have forgotten about the GS and GQ... lol

It's all good. I assume he got the GQ or G2 just because of where 'W' is on the keyboard.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

18 hours ago, quan289 said:

GW? It's either G2 or G1. While both can handle your setup, the G2 is vastly superior.

Oh yeah...It's g2 the one i ordered.i got that by luck but what actually is the difference?

4 hours ago, i respawn. said:

Oh yeah...It's g2 the one i ordered.i got that by luck but what actually is the difference?

The G1 is made by FSP, based on the Aurum platform. It's an acceptable unit if you are only looking for a good efficiency unit; however, in respect to build quality, electrical performance, and noise output isn't all that great. It's quite mediocre in comparison to the G2, whom based on the high-end Leadex platform from Super Flower.

You had made a solid choice with the G2

14 minutes ago, quan289 said:

You had made a solid choice with the G2

It was luck :v