Android Pay FINALLY Coming to the UK.

http://officialandroid.blogspot.com/2016/03/tap-pay-uk.html

After a long wait Google's finally bringing Android Pay to the UK. Nice to see we weren't left too far behind. So glad I opted out for my OnePlus Two now with no NFC, tap and pay payments are so convenient considering how lazy people can be.

Already supported by tons of UK banks and shops as well as being able to pay for the Tube on the underground in London like Apple Pay, so nice when it's finally here.

Android Pay will support MasterCard and Visa credit and debit cards from many of the UK’s major financial institutions — including Bank of Scotland, First Direct, Halifax, HSBC, Lloyds Bank, M&S Bank, MBNA and Nationwide Building Society — with new banks being added all the time.

i7 4790k 4.8GHz  |  16 DDR3 RAM  |  MSI Gaming 5 Mobo  |  ASUS GTX 980 Matrix Platinum

I actually wasn't aware that the UK still didn't have it.  Well, I hope you enjoy it!

Current Build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.6, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 8gb (2x4gb), GTX 980ti, NZXT Kraken X61, Fractal Define R5  EVGA Supernova B2 850w, Some 300gb hard drive.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W7CNrH

Just now, Dr_Pleeper said:

I actually wasn't aware that the UK still didn't have it.  Well, I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks man, takes ages for things like this to get to us.

i7 4790k 4.8GHz  |  16 DDR3 RAM  |  MSI Gaming 5 Mobo  |  ASUS GTX 980 Matrix Platinum

I have never really seen anyone use NFC payments in the UK. Know any chains that accept it?

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

4 minutes ago, Crowes said:

I have never really seen anyone use NFC payments in the UK. Know any chains that accept it?

After Apple Pay came out more brands started picking up on NFC payments and it turns out theres quite alot.

To name just a few:

GGL29709_LogoGrid_3_E_Group%2B2%2BInStor

i use the Baclaycard app and you can enable NFC / contactless payments, Works a treat.

3 minutes ago, Crowes said:

Ha what? I use Apple Pay/contactless almost everywhere! Subway, KFC, Greggs, Tesco, Asda, Co-op, Pubs/bars, department stores...

I would find it harder to find places that don't use it! 

Just now, mluton said:

i use the Baclaycard app and you can enable NFC / contactless payments, Works a treat.

does that only work for Barclays? Nice to see them supporting NFC but Android Pay should help bring it to the rest of us.

6 minutes ago, g1ngernator said:

does that only work for Barclays? Nice to see them supporting NFC but Android Pay should help bring it to the rest of us.

Yep just for the default barclaycard associated with the android app.

Is this a thing in Canada yet? Though we can just tap a NFC enabled credit card(literally all of them) to a terminal for quick payment, as long as it is under $100 I think (I believe some bank also allow it on their debit cards)

I've just never seen anybody pay with their smartphone, seems strange to me.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Still waiting for Barclays to support Apple pay. Man they are really slow. People probably going to have to wait another year for them to have Android pay at this rate

3 hours ago, atrash said:

Still waiting for Barclays to support Apple pay. Man they are really slow. People probably going to have to wait another year for them to have Android pay at this rate

And that's why I never go with Barclays, they have gotten to big they too are arrogant to realise that people are willing to switch banks for that. Ohh and it seems they don't want support android pay as of now: http://www.engadget.com/2016/03/23/barclays-android-apple-pay/  typical Barclays...

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Rather just use contactless with my debit card. Don't usually spend more than £30 in a shop anyway. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I don't see how using a phone is much more convenient than a card. Both are carried in your pockets. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

7 hours ago, christianled59 said:

I don't see how using a phone is much more convenient than a card. Both are carried in your pockets. 

It depends on who you ask, some people might have a lot of cards in a wallet and it can take a while to find the one they want to use. Some people might use their phone a lot and already have it out making it easy for them to just touch the reader. It is also much more secure than just a standard contactless card.

Contactless is still the way to go, since not everybody has an Iphone but damn near everyone belongs to a bank. If they can make these contactless cards smaller then it'll be great.

22 hours ago, Dogeystyle said:

Contactless is still the way to go, since not everybody has an Iphone but damn near everyone belongs to a bank. If they can make these contactless cards smaller then it'll be great.

The Barclaycard pay tags were good pre android app, would be good if they offered them on your current accounts.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=barclaycard+pay+tag&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=955&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi0mMS589zLAhUBVxQKHZB4C-0Q_AUIBigB

I can't wait for this to arrive here I will definitely be using it with my OnePlus One... Just sucks that my bank isnt planning to support it until the end of the year when they already support apple pay...