I broke my Laptop's GPU?

Hestonfireflame

I was trying to play games with my friends and the frames were horribly. I was confused as to what was happening, and opened device manager and saw that there was a code 43 error on my GPU. "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" I have tried everything to fix it, even factory resetting my computer. any ideas? 

What is the GPU? Is the most current driver installed?

4 minutes ago, Hestonfireflame said:

I was trying to play games with my friends and the frames were horribly. I was confused as to what was happening, and opened device manager and saw that there was a code 43 error on my GPU. "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" I have tried everything to fix it, even factory resetting my computer. any ideas? 

You need screenshots,and alot more info for anyone to diagnose the problem.

| CPU: Core i7-4790K  |  Motherboard:  MSI Gaming Z97 GAMING 5 LGA 1150  |  CPU Cooler:  NZXT Kraken X61 |
| GPU: Single 8GB EVGA GTX 1070 FTW |  RAMCorsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3 1600 MHz |  CaseCorsair 330R Titanium Edition

Just now, Freowin said:

What is the GPU? Is the most current driver installed?

I have a Nvidia geforce GT 745m, I cant install the newest driver or downgrade because it doesnt detect that the GPU

Did you have any windows updates before this happened?

Gaming Rig:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600X @ 4.1GHz All Cores - Ram: 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE - GPU: 5600XT MSI Gaming X - Storage: Samsung EVO 840 250GB - 2TB Seagate Drive OS: Win10

HTPC Rig:
CPU: i5 6400 - Ram: 16GB - GPU: 970 GTX - Storage: 120 Kingston SSD & 2x 1TB Seagate Drive OS: Win10

Just now, DarkShadowUK said:

Did you have any windows updates before this happened?

nope

1 minute ago, Hestonfireflame said:

I have a Nvidia geforce GT 745m, I cant install the newest driver or downgrade because it doesnt detect that the GPU

But you can see it in device manager? Try to uninstall the device (GPU) thru device manager.

2 minutes ago, Vengeance_K1ng said:

You need screenshots,and alot more info for anyone to diagnose the problem.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Just now, Freowin said:

But you can see it in device manager? Try to uninstall the device (GPU) thru device manager.

I have done that many times, didnt work, I think it may be a problem with the physical GPU

2 minutes ago, Hestonfireflame said:

I have done that many times, didnt work, I think it may be a problem with the physical GPU

try installing the original drivers that came with the laptop ( you should have a driver disk that came with it )

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Just now, Coaxialgamer said:

try installing the original drivers that came with the laptop ( you should have a driver disk that came with it )

I bought it used from a friend, never gave me a disk

Just now, Hestonfireflame said:

I bought it used from a friend, never gave me a disk

oh . What model is it ?

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

2 minutes ago, Hestonfireflame said:

If it is detected, there's still a chance that maybe it's a software issue. I'm going to assume that you can't send it back for repairs thru the standard warranty. Have you tried display driver uninstaller program?

I would download the drivers, then uninstall device and if it prompts removed driver software. Then try reinstalled with new driver

Gaming Rig:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600X @ 4.1GHz All Cores - Ram: 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE - GPU: 5600XT MSI Gaming X - Storage: Samsung EVO 840 250GB - 2TB Seagate Drive OS: Win10

HTPC Rig:
CPU: i5 6400 - Ram: 16GB - GPU: 970 GTX - Storage: 120 Kingston SSD & 2x 1TB Seagate Drive OS: Win10

Just now, Freowin said:

If it is detected, there's still a chance that maybe it's a software issue. I'm going to assume that you can't send it back for repairs thru the standard warranty. Have you tried display driver uninstaller program?

no, If you could link me to one I would be very grateful. I will look myself too

no, If you could link me to one I would be very grateful. I will look myself too

IDK if I can post links here, but here you go.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

BTW, I am not sure if you should pick clean AND restart as windows usually installs default drivers on startup.

1 minute ago, Hestonfireflame said:

ASUS Q550lf

try installing the nvidia graphics driver from this page :http://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/530/0/1/41/

18 minutes ago, Hestonfireflame said:

I will try this, thanks

Oh and please post the result whether or not it worked.

On 3/23/2016 at 1:20 PM, Freowin said:

Oh and please post the result whether or not it worked.

Sorry, but it didnt work

Sorry this is a bit late, but I couldnt find any GPU drivers on that website.

those are the specific drivers for your laptop . Just  go to

>VGA

>nVidia Graphics Driver

43 minutes ago, Hestonfireflame said:

Sorry, but it didnt work

Hm, then maybe it *is* a hardware problem. Try what @Coaxialgamer is recommending.

Hope you find a solution soon!