PC won't boot; fans spin, no signal

Just now, TrigrH said:

if its not booting give this another go:

(dont plug anything into the integrated graphics when you do this) and when you mean it doesn't boot it still spins the fans right?

I tried that several times last night. :(

And yup, the fans spin and I can hear what sounds like my HDDs but the monitor switches between Analog and Digital several times before saying no signal and then going all black with the PC just sitting there. Turning the PC off entirely, by flipping the switch and holding the power down for 10 seconds or until leds flash, does allow it to power up flawlessly (just tested that four times). 

I'm about to update the BIOS. And then if that doesn't help, I'm going to unhook my PSU and attack it to a spare AMD mobo+cpu.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

10 minutes ago, Albatross said:

I had that issue in a build 2 weeks ago, ended up being the RAM, oddly enough.

Yeah I'd test the PSU ou in another system if at all possible. And the GPU, but one at a time. Test just the PSU, then add GPU. Although honestly, I wouldn't update BIOS if I'm not sure how stable the PSU I'm using is :P but you've probably started by now. GL!

@JoeyDM

Nope. I haven't started yet. It is refusing to allow me to update by stating I don't have the file on my USB...but I do. I tried all methods of adding it to the root of my USB. Am I missing something?

Spoiler

WHsT5qL.png

l9C1Wxh.png

LTW5DrT.png

@TrigrH

Okay, I'll come back as soon as I get it flashed. :) 

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Just now, TrigrH said:

Take the file out of the folder and having it straight on the usb.

Thanks! That worked! The update applied just fine, but the problem persists. Still need a few minutes with absolutely no power in order to get a good boot (also still has the single reboot by itself problem). What was the option you wanted to try?

Now I have to take my PC apart and test the PSU. Ugh, I have to unhook all my sata cables! :(

EDIT

I'm not the only one. lol

http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=94266

5 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

deep sleep enabled in s4 s5

That should a bit more fully shut-down the pc

Enable deep sleep? Alrighty, I'll try that now then. :)

Edit

Where is that option, exactly?

Just now, TrigrH said:

I hope this works, I'm running out of tricks :/

Can't find the option. :(

26 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Hm... I'm actually guessing it's the PSU. Let me know how the testing goes.

3 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

Hm... I'm actually guessing it's the PSU. Let me know how the testing goes.

If anything, I hope it is the PSU and have a feeling it is, but here is a slight update.

I took my first stick out of the dual channel and replaced it with the other, and booted with only that one. It seems to be booting just fine, but it did take some time for the issue to pop up again (this is not the first time) so I'm gonna restart in about ten minutes and see if the problem persists. If it does, I'm ripping it apart and using a spare Bestec PSU.

14 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Well this is weird. 

EVERYTHING IS BROKEN, WOO!!!

I really hope it's just the PSU.

35 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Can't find the option. :(

Strange I just read over the manual and it doesn't seem to have a way to do that, sorry. I wouldn't be suprised if it's the PSU tbh.

Okay I have no idea what the problem is! The issue came back but this time the PC beeped once before restarting to the no signal screen.

RAM isn't the issue apparently..

Time for the PSU test. :(

Just now, Albatross said:

Good luck! I'm hoping it's the PSU. Sorry you have to de-cable everything.

1 minute ago, Albatross said:

Okay I have no idea what the problem is! The issue came back but this time the PC beeped once before restarting to the no signal screen.

RAM isn't the issue apparently..

Oh also this is a nice checklist: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Okay, I can't test the Bestec PSU on my PC because it doesn't have the right powe cords. And the spare mobo I have won't accept the Corsair PSU.

Why is this so difficult? Lol

4 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Okay, I can't test the Bestec PSU on my PC because it doesn't have the right powe cords. And the spare mobo I have won't accept the Corsair PSU.

Why is this so difficult? Lol

Well shit. Really? You have the modular CX series, right? Do you have a bag somewhere that may have the correct cables?

20 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Well shit. Really? You have the modular CX series, right? Do you have a bag somewhere that may have the correct cables?

I'm using every cable it came with. Sadly none of them are what I need.

Just now, Albatross said:

I'm using every cable it came with. Sadly none of them are what I need.

Which one is missing?

21 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Which one is missing?

In order to use the Bestec on my main I need a 8pin, but it only has a 4 pin for the CPU. It won't turn on without it.

For the older AMD board I need an older power cable for the actual board (the 24pin cord).

1 minute ago, Albatross said:

In order to use the Bestec on my main I need a 8pin, but it only has a 4 pin for the CPU. It won't turn on without it.

For the older AMD board I need an older power cable for the actual board (the 24pin cord).

Yeah I suspected that. Shit.

Wait the AMD Board doesn't use 24 pin? Is it 20 pin? If so, isn't your PSU 20+4 pin?