Recommend me a distro

So I've been using Manjaro Gnome and Debian Gnome on my desktop and laptop respectively, and I want to try something new because Manjaro has been really buggy lately and Debian is just a big pain in the ass to get everything working and set up (no Google, I said Debain, not Ubuntu!), plus I want some kind of continuity between the two devices. Here are my requirements:

-Steam needs to either be pre-packaged or easy to install (I'll tell you, getting it to work in Debian is a bitch)

-I need Spotify (I wanted to try Fedora, but afaik there isn't a package for it?)

-Has to have Gnome

-Official Chrome support would be nice

-Not Ubuntu or an Ubuntu spinoff

-Bonus: Boot splash screen

I've been kinda wanting to try Sabayon, but I'm kinda hesitant about it, plus I'm not totally sure about Spotify support. Any suggestions are welcome, thanks!

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

i've been facing the same issues with manjaro, and discovered antergos being VERY pleased with the results.

basicly, its the arch linux experience, with the ease of installation ubuntu offers.

Just now, manikyath said:

i've been facing the same issues with manjaro, and discovered antergos being VERY pleased with the results.

basicly, its the arch linux experience, with the ease of installation ubuntu offers.

I tried Antegros, and there was just something about it I didn't like. Their forums and Wiki are total garbage for one, and I think the other one was because (maybe I'm wrong, I tried a few desktops with it) it didn't use GDM with the Gnome version. 

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

4 minutes ago, Burusutazu said:

Try Korora, it's based on Fedora and has a beautiful UI that also has a Gnome selection.

https://kororaproject.org/discover/gnome

What's the difference between Korora and Chapeau? Chapeau was on my list of distros to try, but again, I wasn't too sure about Spotify support. Is it like a Manjaro vs Antergos kinda thing?

2 minutes ago, steezemageeze said:

What's the difference between Korora and Chapeau? Chapeau was on my list of distros to try, but again, I wasn't too sure about Spotify support. Is it like a Manjaro vs Antergos kinda thing?

Never heard of Chapeau, a quick look and it seems both are based on Fedora. The biggest difference is that Korora has their own theme, but Chapeau seems to have more pre-installed software. It comes down to how comfortable are you installing software, and which one you think looks better.

Lord of Helium.

13 minutes ago, Burusutazu said:

Never heard of Chapeau, a quick look and it seems both are based on Fedora. The biggest difference is that Korora has their own theme, but Chapeau seems to have more pre-installed software. It comes down to how comfortable are you installing software, and which one you think looks better.

Yeah that's about what it looks like. I may check it out when I get home, it looks really nice actually.