New (refurbished) Monitor

jcbrenek

I just purchased a refurb Acer XB270HU from newegg for about $490 because I thought it was a good deal. I looked at the reviews, and it looks like many people have been having problems with backlight bleeding, dead pixels, etc. I know this monitor is much more expensive brand new, and I couldn't pass up a 1440p 144Hz IPS 27" G-Sync monitor at this price so I took a chance anyway. Besides, I believe games would look awesome on this with my Gigabyte Xtreme 980ti if I get lucky and get one without any issues. Have any of you ever purchased this monitor refurbished, or any other refurbished monitor from newegg? What were your experiences? 

if its refurbished its probably from some one who sent it back because of backlight bleed or some other reason

so technically its probably not refurbished, just repackaged and sold to you, because you cant fix backlight bleed

if it is just backlight bleed, and its not that bad so you can tolerate it, then great :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

if its refurbished its probably from some one who sent it back because of backlight bleed or some other reason

so technically its probably not refurbished, just repackaged and sold to you, because you cant fix backlight bleed

if it is just backlight bleed, and its not that bad so you can tolerate it, then great :)

Thanks. I'm usually not quick to RMA, so if it's not unbearable, I'll be happy with it, especially with the price.