Best way to increase storage for my Xbox 360 right now

DeViLzzz

I am just curious as to what I can do right now to increase storage for my Xbox 360 right now.  It is a fat white Xbox 360.  I have been buying more and more digital console games lately and with MS handing out more free games well I am going to need more hard drive space.  How do I best do this ?  What is the best bang for the buck way ?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

External HDD connected via USB is your best option. It is fully compatible with the 360 and XB1 if you happen to get that one.

I don't know if you have to partition it a certain way to allow the 360 to read it though. If not you could have a portable HDD to store some documents or PC games on also.

Maybe something like this http://www.amazon.ca/Startech-Com-SATDOCK25U-External-Docking-Station/dp/B0037ECAPO/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1379320948&sr=1-7&keywords=external+HDD or http://www.amazon.ca/Startech-Com-2-5-Inch-External-Enclosure-IDE2510U2/dp/B000PLTX9S/ref=sr_1_15?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1379320948&sr=1-15&keywords=external+HDD with your own 2.5" hdd to save some money.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

If you are going to go with an usb drive like Gnome says just make sure its formatted in FAT32

Externial HDD, but i would sell that xbox :)

I bought it long ago and it hasn't failed me yet.  It got 2 red lights cuz it was overheating and just needed a cleaning but that is it.  I rarely sell what I buy and run things into the ground.  No way am I selling an Xbox 360 cuz it is still going to be supported even when Xbox One comes out and really nobody offers much for used things these days anyway if I wanted to sell it.

As for the external HDD anyone have a link of what hard drive models work ?  I thought only specific hard drives worked with various consoles.

I bought it long ago and it hasn't failed me yet.  It got 2 red lights cuz it was overheating and just needed a cleaning but that is it.  I rarely sell what I buy and run things into the ground.  No way am I selling an Xbox 360 cuz it is still going to be supported even when Xbox One comes out and really nobody offers much for used things these days anyway if I wanted to sell it.

As for the external HDD anyone have a link of what hard drive models work ?  I thought only specific hard drives worked with various consoles.

afaik xbox' external storage is limited 16gb ,lets say you got 1tb external drive but you cant use more than 16gb of space on that drive all you can do is get another 2.5' 320 gb hdd and use hdd hacker and place in your xbox's hdd enclosure

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

afaik xbox' external storage is limited 16gb ,lets say you got 1tb external drive but you cant use more than 16gb of space on that drive all you can do is get another 2.5' 320 gb hdd and use hdd hacker and place in your xbox's hdd enclosure

Doing some more research that is correct. What a fucking retarded design move. They even offer a 8gb $40 usb that 'works out of the box' with the 360. Seems like 16gb is the only way or getting a bigger 360 HDD.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

I am just curious as to what I can do right now to increase storage for my Xbox 360 right now.  It is a fat white Xbox 360.  I have been buying more and more digital console games lately and with MS handing out more free games well I am going to need more hard drive space.  How do I best do this ?  What is the best bang for the buck way ?

from where did you buy digital games?

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

from where did you buy digital games?

Xbox Live Marketplace 

do you have the kinect?

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Or just buy a PC :D But if you really want to keep the Xcrap 360 then buy a larger hard drive for it on ebay/amazon. Much easier and will be less of a mess then running an external.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

You could use either a external HDD or USB Memory Stick, plug it into your Xbox and it should recognise it when you head to "Storage", it will then require you to format it. If I remember right you can set how much storage you want to use, though it is capped at 16GB unfortunately. So if you need more space than that your going to have to invest in a bigger Xbox 360 HDD.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

do you have the kinect?

No I do not.

you can buy an wd scorpio (and it have to be that)because thats what xbox used then get the firmware you need then put it in to the hard drive shell hope it help http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/console-guides/xbox-360-guides/3152-how-hack-250gb-320gb-sata-drive-work-xbox-360-xbox-360-slim.html

Aye indeed, USB 16Gb but you can hotswap so all's good.
I'm using the Cheapish previous model Kingston ones with the metal fold over. Works fine, even have proper games downloaded on them.

Stuff I try to use;

AMD FX 8350 4.3Ghz, Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Motherboard, 2x Asus HD6850, 8BG Kingston Hyper X RAM, Hyper X 120Gb SSD, Corsair GS800 PSU, Cooler Master HAF922 Case and my branes.

You could do multiple hdds or flash drives?

you can buy an wd scorpio (and it have to be that)because thats what xbox used then get the firmware you need then put it in to the hard drive shell hope it help http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/console-guides/xbox-360-guides/3152-how-hack-250gb-320gb-sata-drive-work-xbox-360-xbox-360-slim.html

I was looking up information like this last night but the WD Scorpio drives even though just 250 GB or 320 GB cost quite a bit new.  I will be smart and look for something used or may end up just buying a 120 GB or higher official external Xbox 360 drive from a pawn shop/loan shop here in Sarnia.  I think I can get a 120 GB for $19.  

Question I have though ....

Can I not just swap in hard drives and use multiple ones ?

You could do multiple hdds or flash drives?

Great minds think alike.  I am wondering about the multiple hard drive / flash drive deal.

I was looking up information like this last night but the WD Scorpio drives even though just 250 GB or 320 GB cost quite a bit new.  I will be smart and look for something used or may end up just buying a 120 GB or higher official external Xbox 360 drive from a pawn shop/loan shop here in Sarnia.  I think I can get a 120 GB for $19.  

Question I have though ....

Can I not just swap in hard drives and use multiple ones ?

you could but too much hassle you could use up to 1tb thou http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1tb-western-digital-wd10jpvt-scorpio-blue-25-95-mm-sata-ii-3gb-s-5400rpm-8mb-cache-55ms

Oh my I didn't know it would take more than 320 GB so dang yeah 1 TB is what I would want !

As for being annoyed by swapping out drives for Xbox 360 though which we hit on before I actually would not get annoyed with that and found out from live chat that it is possible to do and easy.

At this time it looks like btw I would be getting a 500 GB WD Blue for $59 or so as I don't want to be spending $99 on an Xbox 360 upgrade.

Do you have a link to a list of drives that are compatible ?  I see there are multiple versions of WD Blue drives for the same sizes and want to be sure as to what can be used.