New Build

PANZERVW
Just now, Streetguru said:

How could you not care that nvidia seems to be trying to degrade performance on older generation cards? If the apparent trend continues both kepler and maxwell might be losing performance in future games once pascal is a bit mature.

But this is all a bit tin foil hatty, if it happens in another game in the near future, I don't know why people would continue to buy nvidia products.

well it does bother me.... but  1 game isn't proof just yet.

if I was buying a card new i would go amd but I bought is for 150 aud (far less than a 750ti) about 3 months ago and I'm happy as a pig in mud.

My rig: r7 1700 @ 3.9/1.35v, 16gb ddr4 3200, assorted rando SSDs, hx 1050, vega 64 1650/1025

MY $75 BUILD https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/576889-the-75-build-log/#comment-7547280

Excited that I just got the Asus ROG Max VIII Hero board. If it fits in the case then we will be rocking and rolling. Also got a Noctua CPU cooler, waiting on the rest of the 120mm fans to upgrade them. Three of the five fans would not rotate. The case sat for mire than five years. Going Air not Liquid. The Intel chip should arrive by end of week. 

Screen wise I did see a 4K Samsung and Asus monitor but at $1.6k, not in the budget till end of year. They look nice though. 

Last is 32gigs of RAM going overboard, while running two SSD's???

• 2 weeks later...

Have a couple of question in regards to storage and PSU. I just purchased a Samsung 950 PRO 512gb SSD. Can I run this with another SSD and a WD 2tb black HD? or is three types of internal storage overkill. I have an external seagate 1tb drive that I use for secret stuff.

850w PSU is recommended, yet I see 1,000w PSU that has good reviews. The titanium 1k from EVGA. Decisions, decisions.