Planning for a new Gaming rig

Gpayton69

So.. If you look at my profile my PC is slow... I mean, laptop so for the next few years I will get a New Desktop.

Heres the Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6VQgD3

So.. Tell me about it! xD

Notes:

Planning to Overclock CPU&GPU

The R9 390 generally is a better GPU for gaming than the GTX 970 so I would go with something like the Sapphire Nitro R9 390 instead of the Zotac 970. The SSD also generally isn't a very good option for the price, and is this in a different country than the US as the CPU cooler is not avaliable? 

You should get a 212 evo for the CPU cooler instead, and a R9 390 over the 970 (its faster, has more than double the memory, same price if not cheaper). That SSD is generally considered a bad SSD too, if its in the budget, go for a samsung 850 evo.

Also if possible go for 16GB of RAM.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Well if you're using for gaming, I'm not sure what you're going to install.   However, you may want a bigger HDD.  I have a 1TB on mine, and it suits fine.  But it really depends on how much stuff you're going to install.

// Floatplane Pilot //

Main Rig:  Motherboard: ASUS H270 - PLUS - CSM | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) | Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC - 02 | SSD: ADATA SU800 128GB HDD: WD 1TB Hard Drive | PSU: Corsair CX 550M | CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mechanical | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Sound: Corsair VOID RGB / USB Headset | OS: Windows 10

Laptop:   Razer Blade Stealth 2016

Bigger HDD, better SSD and went for Skylake/DDR4 instead:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($238.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($34.50 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($94.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($35.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($38.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.49 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  ($299.99 @ Micro Center) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $897.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-20 22:44 EDT-0400

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Just now, Rolfejc said:

The R9 390 generally is a better GPU for gaming than the GTX 970 so I would go with something like the Sapphire Nitro R9 390 instead of the Zotac 970. The SSD also generally isn't a very good option for the price, and is this in a different country than the US as the CPU cooler is not avaliable? 

The cooler Is available in Philippines (where i live) so yeah. And the R9 390 is more power hungry and i want some upgradability.

But the 390 is a rock solid card too.

1 minute ago, Gpayton69 said:

The cooler Is available in Philippines (where i live) so yeah. And the R9 390 is more power hungry and i want some upgradability.

But the 390 is a rock solid card too.

Ah ok I would still probably get a different CPU cooler though, maybe the 212 EVO for example mentioned by others as that has good availability in several parts of the world. Also isn't there a power limit or something like that in the Philippines? I may be totally wrong about this but I heard about it somewhere and if that is so then the 970 will do. 

9 minutes ago, Gpayton69 said:

So.. If you look at my profile my PC is slow... I mean, laptop so for the next few years I will get a New Desktop.

Don't buy a kingston SSD

a 390 is going to be faster than a 970 and have better DX12 support from the looks of it

But a 390/970 is overkill for 1080p anyways, so unless you have a 4k or 1440p display, upgrade your display the one included is 1440p IPS 

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/c6xkCJ
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/c6xkCJ/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($196.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2HP Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($71.38 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.49 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 380X 4GB DD XXX OC Video Card  ($215.49 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($55.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Monitor: Acer G257HU smidpx 60Hz 25.0" Monitor  ($259.99 @ B&H)
Total: $914.31
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-20 22:49 EDT-0400

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Yeah.. Power Is expensive In Philippines.. So Even My PC should be power efficient or else.. The electric bill will rise up badly.

23 minutes ago, Gpayton69 said:

Yeah.. Power Is expensive In Philippines.. So Even My PC should be power efficient or else.. The electric bill will rise up badly.

Well then if the nano is available go for that it's going to give you higher performance per watt, or buy a broadwell CPU with fast RAM for the iGPU and you'll have a PC on par with entry level GPUs that consumes under 100W on a gaming load.

nano is down to $479 at times, easily fits into your budget if you're buying from the US

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-video-card-r9nano4sf6

build with nano
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sjVHYJ

Also a 380 isn't going to consume much more power than a 960 with a gaming load

What games are you playing and at what resolution?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?