Resetting password on Windows XP

So my grandpa gave me his old computer and I want to reset the harddrive just to screw around with the thing. But the admin account is password protected and he claimed there was no password but he gave me his best guess to what the password was. It didn't work. So I booted into the bios to see what I could do. I found a place where you can change the system password and and admin password. So I changed them and went out of bios. I tried the password to the account and it didn't work. I also tried to boot in safe mode and it would go to the menu to even select it. I will include pictures of what I saw.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Okay so the bios password has nothing do with the os user account. If you force  shut down and boot into safe mode you can create a new admin account with out a pass word.

p.s. I would remove the bios password asap.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

I can't get to the menu to boot in safe mode. Meaning holding f8 while it is booting to get to the menu. But the password he told me works with the admin account. It turns out the account that shows up is t the admin one. Now I just have to find away to long into the admin account.

(I found that it worked from it asking for the log on info)

50 minutes ago, swordsman247 said:

Okay so the bios password has nothing do with the os user account. If you force  shut down and boot into safe mode you can create a new admin account with out a pass word.

p.s. I would remove the bios password asap.

I solved it from double pressing clt alt delete and login in from there