Oukitel K4000 Pro with 4600mAh battery and unbreakable display

HighRabbit

Hey guys, as always, I have copied the whole article from my blog (except images, text under them, and some outside links) here, so you can simply scroll down and read. However, if you enjoy the full experience of reading with all the images, etc., you can read the same text in my blog, here. Enjoy reading, and comment!

Phone manufacturers release faster and slimmer phones every year. Those smartphones get better cameras, screens, processors, more RAM, etc. But quite little-known Chinese company drew attention to two other problems that every smartphone user faces even nowadays – battery life and fragile screens. Oukitel created an extraordinary budget phone that has “undestroyable” display and a huge (4600mAh) battery – Oukitel K4000 Pro. But has Oukitel managed to do what other, even the biggest companies were not able to do so far?

Oukitel K4000 Pro looks like the most premium budget device
When you look at this phone, it’s hard to tell that it costs only about 120-140 USD. In the front there’s a 2.5D glass, the frame is made out of metal, and the backplate is made out of plastic that looks like a leather. So, in overall Oukitel K4000 Pro looks really good, despite the fact it reminds the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 a bit. However, I noticed some cost-cuttings in this phone – soft buttons are not backlit, physical buttons (power and volume) are a bit wobbly, and there is only one microphone, so there is no background noise cancellation.

Not the best looking, but, at least, undestroyable display
Oukitel K4000 Pro has not too impressive 5-inch HD IPS display. It can’t compete with Samsung Galaxy S7 or LG G5, but for a budget phone it’s a decent display – it has some nice colors, viewing angles and visibility in the sunlight. However, blacks are a bit too light and white has some kind of additional tint. But colors don’t matter when your screen is shattered, huh? Oukitel claims that K4000 Pro has an undestroyable 1.1mm thickness display and they prove that with this test: 

But if you are ultra careful, Oukitel adds free silicon case and pre-applied screen protector that is quite cheap and low-quality, but they give it to you for free.

Vanilla Android beats anything
TouchWiz, Sense, EMUI, we don’t like it all, when you take a look at real, clean, vanilla Android. That’s what Oukitel have used for its K4000 Pro. Yeah, they’ve added some functionality such as a special energy saving mode or gestures (double tap to wake and others). Other than that it’s the same clean and real Android 5.1 Lollipop. Oukitel hasn’t added anything unnecessary. Oh, and one more thing – Oukitel K4000 Pro is going to get Android 6.0 Marshmallow update this month. How is your Samsung/LG/HTC budget device? It’s really impressive that the company almost nobody knows provides better support for its budget devices than most of bigger companies. I love how Oukitel is dealing with its software!

But some gamers may be a little disappointed – Oukitel K4000 Pro has only a 1.0GHz MediaTek 64-bit processor with 2 gigabytes of RAM and Mali-T720 MP2 GPU, so more graphically intensive games may lag a bit, but games such as Hitman Sniper, Monument Valley or Thomas Was Alone are playable without any problems. Simple operations or even light multitasking are also fine, K4000 Pro usually don’t lag, you won’t notice it too much.

Camera is really not the main selling point here
K4000 Pro has a 13 megapixel rear camera with an LED flash and a 5 megapixel front one. These twos share very similar pros and cons – in good lighting both these can get sharp and even very vivid images, however, both cameras struggle with white balance and with the shots in mediocre conditions. But if you are not going to capture anything ultra impressive, Oukitel K4000 Pro will do the job.

…because the battery is
The main reason why I can (and I really do) recommend buying Oukitel K4000 Pro is its battery – it has a huge 4600mAh battery! Of course, because of that, the phone is 12.5mm thick and it weighs 208g, but you will forget about charging your phone every day. Oukitel says that using this phone normally will lead you to 6 days without charging. Well, I thought that it is a marketing trick, but to my surprise, it wasn’t! I used this phone every day for about an hour (30 minutes of browsing, 15 minutes of YouTube and about 20-30 minutes of chatting and social networks) and it actually worked for 6 days. I even was able to get a week without a charge once! However, if you are a very active user, this phone will be able to hold for about 2-4 days, and that still is impressive. Oh, and don’t forget that Oukitel K4000 Pro will get Android 6.0 Marshmallow update with even better stand-by times. You wonder how much time it takes to charge this 4600mAh monster from ~10% to 100%? Well, about 3 hours. In overall, this phone’s battery is something amazing, I wasn’t expecting that.

Oukitel K4000 Pro might be the best choice for you
So, Oukitel K4000 Pro is a great phone for those, who want a sturdy device with clean Android and amazing battery. This phone is probably everything, you can require from a budget-class smartphone – yes, camera and screen could be better, but the battery makes up for all little things and it makes the whole experience even better.

i only watched the vid, did not read all of this. 

god that android skin looks like shit. geez. how did they screw that up so bad

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

7 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i only watched the vid, did not read all of this. 

god that android skin looks like shit. geez. how did they screw that up so bad

This is only a launcher, everything else looks and acts like stock Android. So, I have installed Nova Launcher into mine K4000 Pro, and now it looks and feels pretty good.

1 hour ago, HighRabbit said:

This is only a launcher, everything else looks and acts like stock Android. So, I have installed Nova Launcher into mine K4000 Pro, and now it looks and feels pretty good.

yah then its a pretty cool phone, the new Nokia 3310 lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/03/2016 at 5:11 PM, HighRabbit said:

…because the battery is
The main reason why I can (and I really do) recommend buying Oukitel K4000 Pro is its battery – it has a huge 4600mAh battery! 

I could still drain it in one day / afternoon

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii