Rate my build 1-10

Skye2468

The ones that say purchased next to them I have already bought

The ones that say haven't decided means I don't know whether or not to buy them

Computer Tower - Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition (VN10006W2N) ATX Full Tower Case (Purchased)

Motherboard - MSI Z97 MPOWER Max AC LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX (purchased)

Processor - Intel core i7-4790K Quad Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1150 HD Graphics 4600 (Purchased)

CPU Cooler - (Haven't Decided)

Graphic cards - 2 way SLI EVGA GeForce GTX 980 TI Classified Gaming ACX 2.0+ (Both Purchased)

RAM - Vengeance Pro Series — 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 DRAM 1866MHz C9 Memory Kit (Purchased)

SSD - Intel 730 Series 2.5 480GB SATA 6Gb/s MLC (Boot) (Haven't Decided) 

HDD - WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD1003FZEX (storage) (Haven't Decided)

Power Supply - AX1500i Digital ATX Fully Modular PSU (Purchased)

Monitor - Acer Predator XB270HU (Haven't Decided)

Keyboard - Logitech G19 (Haven't Decided)

Mouse - (Haven't Decided)

Speakers - A5+ Powered Speakers, White (Haven't Decided)

What do you all think?? any suggestions or advice??

Also I need help trying to figure out what liquid cooler would fit my case and would keep my CPU cool for extreme gaming and heavy load

Get a decent air cooler since they are cheaper and almost as effective if not better, maybe a nocuta NH-15 or NH-14.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

• Don't like the case
  • Too much wattage for the PSU
  • Has an HDD
  • Keyboard isn't mechanical

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

8 minutes ago, dizmo said:

• Don't like the case
  • Too much wattage for the PSU
  • Has an HDD
  • Keyboard isn't mechanical

What's the benefits of a Mechanical Keyboard?? I don't really know much about them lol

6/10

Too much watts

Hate the case

480gb for a boot drive?

Didnt even buy the 980ti hybrid

Reliable $550 Starter PC (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KGgpZL) *Just waiting for someone to need help with there ram so I can make a downloadmoreram.com joke*

7 minutes ago, FuriousGamer said:

6/10

Too much watts

Hate the case

480gb for a boot drive?

Didnt even buy the 980ti hybrid

Well I was going to use the SSD for other things too, but should I go with a smaller SSD and maybe 2TB HHD instead?? and as for the wattage I know it was over kill but I just wanted super high wattage for future Purchases or upgrading and Plus I love it's titanium 80plus rating, and ya I just looked up the 980 ti hybrid and it looks pretty nice and I might have gone with it instead but I already have the classified cards so I guess I'm stuck with them lol

and as for the case I'm sure there are a whole lot better ones but I bought the case back when I just started learning about pcs and I noobishly bought it because it looked cool and for the hot swappable drive bays, so I'm just going to stick with what I got

Any suggestions or advice??

1 minute ago, Skye2468 said:

Well I was going to use the SSD for other things too, but should I go with a smaller SSD and maybe 2TB HHD instead?? and as for the wattage I know it was over kill but I just wanted super high wattage for future Purchases or upgrading and Plus I love it's titanium 80plus rating, and ya I just looked up the 980 ti hybrid and it looks pretty nice and I might have gone with it instead but I already have the classified cards so I guess I'm stuck with them lol

and as for the case I'm sure there are a whole lot better ones but I bought the case back when I just started learning about pcs and I noobishly bought it because it looked cool and for the hot swappable drive bays, so I'm just going to stick with what I got

250gb is plenty and sure 2tb why not. 

Reliable $550 Starter PC (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KGgpZL) *Just waiting for someone to need help with there ram so I can make a downloadmoreram.com joke*

7 hours ago, Skye2468 said:

What's the benefits of a Mechanical Keyboard?? I don't really know much about them lol

The feel nicer, and are generally of a better build quality. Look at the G.Skill KM780. I have that board, and it's an absolute joy. I've used the G19, owned the G510 as well as the Corsair K70 and this has been my favorite so far. Much nicer scroll wheel, shows you the volume level via LED's on the keyboard, and has all of the features the K70 does plus a better build IMO. I got mine from Outlet PC for $89. A steal IMO.

6 hours ago, Skye2468 said:

I'd get the largest SSD you can. Pure SSD if possible, even the cheaper ones are faster than an HDD. I'd also look at getting a WD Blue instead of the WD Black; the only difference is warranty, which doesn't cover data loss anyway.

Cards and chips are going more and more towards energy efficiency. The extra power is a waste.

You know the PSU likely has to be at 50% or greater load to reach peak efficiency? You'll likely be burning more power than using a lower rated PSU.

6 hours ago, FuriousGamer said:

250gb is plenty and sure 2tb why not. 

That's highly debatable. I'd say go for the highest size you can afford, and stick as many programs on it as you can. If he's using Premier etc then he can stick work files on it as well and enjoy the benefits of the speed.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red