Best Computer Store In Vegas

danrey84

I am heading to vegas in April and was wondering which is the best computer stores to head to while I'm there. Its just compared to here in the UK some components are cheaper aka a 6700k that I'm after

8 minutes ago, danrey84 said:

I am heading to vegas in April and was wondering which is the best computer stores to head to while I'm there. Its just compared to here in the UK some components are cheaper aka a 6700k that I'm after

Order them ahead in advance online to reach wherever your staying while your there.

I was just wondering if there were a store your could just go in and grab 1 of the shelf. I see there is a frys near there is that a good store.

4 minutes ago, danrey84 said:

I was just wondering if there were a store your could just go in and grab 1 of the shelf. I see there is a frys near there is that a good store.

I believe so. I usually just trust whatever store pcpartpicker has.

frys or microcenter are decent usually they have a few deals of the day kind of thing but if its something very specific order ahead and have instore pick up. again i say they are decent because not a giant selection its usually marked up a bit but i know for a fact microcenter does price checks. not sure about frys though 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

also best to check US customs see if they will let you take that stuff back the UK . I dont see why not but better safe than sorry. 

Just now, Toxicknight79 said:

also best to check US customs see if they will let you take that stuff back the UK . I dont see why not but better safe than sorry. 

I think they do, but you have to ship it or put it separate in a cargo bay or something.

Yea I will just put it in my suit case and just state nothing to declare cause lets face it bet there looks for booze and all that kind of stuff

have you been to the US before? My experience with the TSA  are either to lazy or too strict thier is no in between  or are ya being sarcastic? lol

4 minutes ago, danrey84 said:

Yea I will just put it in my suit case and just state nothing to declare cause lets face it bet there looks for booze and all that kind of stuff

That´s not going to fly.

Well ill just take the risk lets face it I bet there is a lot that goes under the radar. Think I can see me having more problems here going through customs if honest and No I have never been before but my friend who is going with me and his girl friend have been like 3 or 4 times in the last 5 years

31 minutes ago, danrey84 said:

You can, I've been to the Fry's Electronics down there, pretty big and awesome store, although custom computers is only a small portion of what they have. Their pricing is pretty alright for US, nothing amazing but nothing bad.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

13 minutes ago, danrey84 said:

For one that's falsifying an official document and secondly cpu's and other tech products tend to be those things that show up pretty instantly on the detection systems the TSA has.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Just I I was thinking do I pick up the 6700k here in the UK which is about 290 pounds or do I pick it up there in the USA for like 350-400 dollars maybe even less

3 minutes ago, Centurius said:

For one that's falsifying an official document and secondly cpu's and other tech products tend to be those things that show up pretty instantly on the detection systems the TSA has.

While I know your point you are trying to make but who hasn't gone through customs wherever they are in the world and declared everything. I have been Canada and came back with  loads of tech and never declared 1 drop of it. I just see myself doing something for the economy for that country I'm visiting. my government gets enough outta taxes from me so any chance to give a 2 fingered salute to the system back in the UK I take every chance hahaha

1 minute ago, danrey84 said:

Just I I was thinking do I pick up the 6700k here in the UK which is about 290 pounds or do I pick it up there in the USA for like 350-400 dollars maybe even less

It's $389 at Fry's, I don't know how bad sales tax is for you, but you'd only save $30 USD or 20 pounds by going to Fry's before any sort of taxes. That's not a lot for the extra effort and time it would take.

Honestly though, it's a cool place to visit when you do go to Vegas, buying computer parts aside. I went down to that mall area a couple of times during slow periods of my trip, I went to Fry's and bought some Brisk tea (because it was cheaper than anywhere else) and just walked around the outdoor mall for a couple hours.

Just now, Suika said:

It's $389 at Fry's, I don't know how bad sales tax is for you, but you'd only save $30 USD or 20 pounds by going to Fry's before any sort of taxes. That's not a lot for the extra effort and time it would take.

Honestly though, it's a cool place to visit when you do go to Vegas, buying computer parts aside. I went down to that mall area a couple of times during slow periods of my trip, I went to Fry's and bought some Brisk tea (because it was cheaper than anywhere else) and just walked around the outdoor mall for a couple hours.

I never been before so I'm looking forward to it. Good to get away from the cold here. Here in the UK we around about £290 including taxes for a 6700k I have seen on microcentre it is going for $349.99. 1 thing I would love to know is this including tax or do they add tax at the till for however much % tax is in the states???

1 minute ago, danrey84 said:

I never been before so I'm looking forward to it. Good to get away from the cold here. Here in the UK we around about £290 including taxes for a 6700k I have seen on microcentre it is going for $349.99. 1 thing I would love to know is this including tax or do they add tax at the till for however much % tax is in the states???

Tax is added at the register (till I guess?), in Las Vegas sales tax is like 8.15% which isn't bad. So list price is $389, but you'll pay over $400.

Microcenter would have been ideal as far as saving money because they also offer instant rebates when you combo with a motherboard as well as the insanely cheap processors, but I don't believe there's one in the entire state of Nevada.

Just now, Suika said:

Tax is added at the register (till I guess?), in Las Vegas sales tax is like 8.15% which isn't bad. So list price is $389, but you'll pay over $400.

Microcenter would have been ideal as far as saving money because they also offer instant rebates when you combo with a motherboard as well as the insanely cheap processors, but I don't believe there's one in the entire state of Nevada.

Just my luck ahahaha. Still if I pass a computer shop ill pop into the shop you never know they may have daily deals for what I'm looking for