Music Editing / Mixing CPU

Hey Guys,

I'm looking at buying a friend a new CPU at some point during the upcoming months and I was looking online to see which one was the best for what he needs.

He plays lots of music and uses multiple software to mix and edit music. He also has DJ Decks and is messing around with music almost every night.

He is currently using a mobo that supports LG1155 and is using an Intel Core i7 2700K with an R9 270X. I know that the CPU is more important for what he needs, which is why I decided to go down this route. Obviously having an 1155 board is a bit of a bottleneck, but I was wondering what would be best to get in terms of a CPU for an 1155 board. I did take a look at multiple benchmarks comparing several CPUs, but I couldn't seem to find a clear enough answer.

Thanks!

You want a CPU better than the 2700K on the 1155 platform?

That CPU is pretty decent. Is he having problems with it?

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No he's not having any problems, I just wanted to purchase something for his computer that would benefit it somehow. He already has an SSD, The graphics card is pretty good (he doesn't really play games too much). He also does a lot of website design and some video editing / rendering too. Any suggestions? :(

If all he's doing is audio work, that 2700K is more than enough. Even the laptop version is enough for all but the most demanding audio workloads.

-アパゾ

3 hours ago, Tastemycrit said:

No he's not having any problems, I just wanted to purchase something for his computer that would benefit it somehow. He already has an SSD, The graphics card is pretty good (he doesn't really play games too much). He also does a lot of website design and some video editing / rendering too. Any suggestions? :(

16GB of ram if it doesn't have that already... that's about it for min maxing that system.