Recommendations on New build (budget build)

brolaugh_

I recently built this budget pc and i am not sure if its good already or not...

any thoughts of what to upgrade/change in the future?? 

specs are in my signature but i'll put it here anyways...

cpu: intel i3-6100 @ 3.70 Ghz (stock)

gpu: Sapphire Nitro OC R9 380 4GB

motherboard: Gigabyte H110M-DS2-CF

Case: NZXT S340 (glossy black) 

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @ 2133 Mhz

Storage: WD 1TB hard drive

PC SPECS :

cpu: intel i3-6100 @ 3.70 Ghz (stock) gpu: Sapphire Nitro OC R9 380 4GB motherboard: Gigabyte H110M-DS2-CF

Case: NZXT S340 (glossy black) Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @ 2133 Mhz Storage: WD 1TB hard drive PSU: Seasonic S12II 520W

° ͜ʖ ͡°)  o baby yis....

18 minutes ago, brolaugh_ said:

I recently built this budget pc and i am not sure if its good already or not...

any thoughts of what to upgrade/change in the future?? 

specs are in my signature but i'll put it here anyways...

cpu: intel i3-6100 @ 3.70 Ghz (stock)

gpu: Sapphire Nitro OC R9 380 4GB

motherboard: Gigabyte H110M-DS2-CF

Case: NZXT S340 (glossy black) 

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @ 2133 Mhz

Storage: WD 1TB hard drive

Decent for a budget build, maybe just look at upgrading the cpu when you can next maybe to an i5 6500

CPU: i5-4690K @ 4.0GHz GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 970 WindForce MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming-3 CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GBx4  MOUSE: CM Mizar KEYBOARD: Logitec G110

What power supply are you planning to get? Make sure you don't cheap out on the power supply, as there have been incidents of crappy power supplies sparking and popping. 

And don't get the Corsair CX power supplies. Many people who are building budget computers opt for is as it is inexpensive but they cannot handle high powered components due to its capacitors burning quickly under load. 

i5 4690k | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Swiftech H240-X | MSI Z97s SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb ( 2x4gb ) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 850EVO 250gb SSD & WD Caviar Blue 1tb HDD | Fractal Design Define R5

6 minutes ago, Goat said:

What power supply are you planning to get? Make sure you don't cheap out on the power supply, as there have been incidents of crappy power supplies sparking and popping. 

And don't get the Corsair CX power supplies. Many people who are building budget computers opt for is as it is inexpensive but they cannot handle high powered components due to its capacitors burning quickly under load. 

lol my bad...

i actually forgot the powersupply..

its a seasonic S12II 520 w PSU

PC SPECS :

cpu: intel i3-6100 @ 3.70 Ghz (stock) gpu: Sapphire Nitro OC R9 380 4GB motherboard: Gigabyte H110M-DS2-CF

Case: NZXT S340 (glossy black) Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @ 2133 Mhz Storage: WD 1TB hard drive PSU: Seasonic S12II 520W

° ͜ʖ ͡°)  o baby yis....

The build is on point man. 

• The cpu and gpu are good. Unless you plan to go above 1920x1080p then the gpu is great. The CPU is good unless you want a much better graphics card or if you want to do some more serious work. If you do plan to maybe look at the i5 6500. I have it and use it for lots of editing, gaming and a bit of c++ and 3D work. Good starter CPU. 
  • Case is good. If you are still using the stock fans (120 at the front and top) then maybe grab an extra two NZXT 140 fans for the front to match or just replace all the fans with somthing like corsair AF series LED fans or Noctua Redux fans. 
  • Assuming you have 8gb of ram. If so good. If not then get more so you have at least 8gb.
  • good HDD. Maybe grab a 250gb SSD for so and apps and continue to use the WD blue for mass storage 
  • maybe grab a better cooler if you are still running stock. You don't need to  get a beastly cooler coz u ain't overclocking but maybe look at a BeQuiet! Shadow Rock Slim or an ID-Cooling Sweden series cooler. The Shadow Rock is better but the ID is super cheap and is really quiet and cool looking from personal experiance. Dude. It's like $15. 
  • Power supply is good 

Hope i helped :) 

tell me what you think ;) 

Edited by BurblingBarbacoa
I forgot about the supply :/

I'm here to help people and have fun. Feel free to chat! 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Hyper X Fury Black 16gb (2x8gb) 2133

1 minute ago, BurblingBarbacoa said:

The build is on point man. 

• The cpu and gpu are good. Unless you plan to go above 1920x1080p then the gpu is great. The CPU is good unless you want a much better graphics card or if you want to do some more serious work. If you do plan to maybe look at the i5 6500. I have it and use it for lots of editing, gaming and a bit of c++ and 3D work. Good starter CPU. 
  • Case is good. If you are still using the stock fans (120 at the front and top) then maybe grab an extra two NZXT 140 fans for the front to match or just replace all the fans with somthing like corsair AF series LED fans or Noctua Redux fans. 
  • Assuming you have 8gb of ram. If so good. If not then get more so you have at least 8gb.
  • good HDD. Maybe grab a 250gb SSD for so and apps and continue to use the WD blue for mass storage 
  • maybe grab a better cooler if you are still running stock. You don't need to  get a beastly cooler coz u ain't overclocking but maybe look at a BeQuiet! Shadow Rock Slim or an ID-Cooling Sweden series cooler. The Shadow Rock is better but the ID is super cheap and is really quiet and cool looking from personal experiance. Dude. It's like $15. 

Hope i helped :) 

tell me what you think ;) 

thats a relief....

Thanks for the tips.

but i'm going to get a 120gb ssd and a cooler prefferably the CM hyper 212 evo/x soon enough.

PC SPECS :

° ͜ʖ ͡°)  o baby yis....

13 minutes ago, brolaugh_ said:

thats a relief....

Thanks for the tips.

but i'm going to get a 120gb ssd and a cooler prefferably the CM hyper 212 evo/x soon enough.

• Ok. Having used both, in my experiance the Shadow Rock is quieter and runs cooler than the Hyper 212evo. 
  • 120gb is kinda small. You really don't pay that much more for a 240gb. 
  • And yep. The relief is real. Message me if you need any more help. 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Just now, BurblingBarbacoa said:
  • Ok. Having used both, in my experiance the Shadow Rock is quieter and runs cooler than the Hyper 212evo. 
  • 120gb is kinda small. You really don't pay that much more for a 240gb. 
  • And yep. The relief is real. Message me if you need any more help. 

oh ok.. 

ill look into that shadow rock

thanks!

PC SPECS :

° ͜ʖ ͡°)  o baby yis....

Just now, brolaugh_ said:

oh ok.. 

ill look into that shadow rock

thanks!

• Ok good. Keep in mind there are 3 versions of it. The slim, the 2 and the lp. The cheapest is the slim and was the one that I was talking about. The 2 is pretty big and is one of the only budget oriented large air coolers I know about. The lp is the low profile version. All are good picks but I reccomend the slim. 
  • Al good :D 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X